36

VAER

RIDE AT THE AMUSEMENT PARK

We arrived at the place called amusement park. There were so many giant colorful toys. Gas balls were at all the places and I had never seen so many children in the company of their parents. There were also some couples who preferred toys for grownups.

Wendel walked tranquility beside me because the invitation to go there had come from him.

He was elegant as wore a light shirt, plaid shirt opened in front, light jeans and light sneakers. His glasses did not unglue from his eyes, but even so he looked so beautiful.

"Which toy so you prefer to ride now?"

He asked, holding his bag of popcorn with condensed milk. At that moment, I walked beside him, holding my colored little bag and eat that popcorn slowly. After all, I had to pretend I was enjoying eating it.

"What do you prefer?"

I questioned back after we had ridden by many toys intended for the public of our age. My first encounter was a lot of fun, although I never thought it would be this way with so much fun and no hint of romanticism.

I and Wendel were like two friends trying to have fun in an amusement park. So I figured I could do it in Enzo's company and it would be the same thing.

"Let's ride that one!" he pointed his hand containing two tickets in the direction of a huge Ferris wheel. Its seats were one of each color. Some were red, blue, yellow and green. "I think you'll love the wheel!"

At that instant, I stopped before it and saw some people leaving their seats when the toy stopped functioning and others were beginning to occupy the seats for just two people in each chair.

Immediately, I and Wendel sat side by side on a chair painted in yellow. An iron was crossed horizontally, up to our waistlines.

"Hold tight!"

Wendel told me, almost smiling around.

Our popcorn bags were already empty and both ended up going into the trash can next to a ticket-office.

Slowly the giant wheel began to ascend and spin. Its chairs began to gain increasing movements, going up more and more. The feeling of butterflies in my stomach broke into my body when we finally arrived at the on top of the Ferris wheel and after that, it descended slowly. This process occurred many times on one same turn.

"You're enjoying our ride?"

Wendel asked looking down and seeing everyone so small under his eyes.

"Yes, I'm having a lot of fun. Where I live does not have that kind of thing."

He stared at me naively.

"Where do you live?" insisted. "Countryside?"

After his question, I got confused as I could not tell him the truth. I thought Wendel was not yet prepared to comprehend the whole truth hidden behind my origin.

How would I reveal to him that I was the daughter of vampires?

And I lived in the planet Neptune with my grandfather, my parents, and Enzo.

"I do not want to talk about it now." my head shook as I was looking down as well. "Maybe another day..."

"OK. I understand ..." placed his hand over mine, which was holding the giant wheel protection against our body. And suddenly he became surprised. "Wow! What a frozen hand!"

Facing this situation, I got even more nervous.

"I'm sorry, but I live frozen all the time."

He smiled, seeing no problem with that.

"Do not worry. Someone will warm you one day."

My face turned red when I stared at his face. I figured out this one could be just him. At last, we remained soundless and then a noise came from the giant wheel height. Just our chair loosened from the steel cable, our seat was inclined to one side.

I ended up getting suspended as I was holding Wendel's hand. He was safer than me. In fact, it was only me who ran the risk of falling to the ground from a big altitude. At that instant, the Ferris wheel stopped moving and people were panicking, looking at my body hanging down. I was about to fall down as I felt my hand slip by Wendel's hand. His eyes enlarged, realizing that my fall was so close to occurring.

That would be an immense tragedy.

"Vaer! Hold tight my hand!"

"I cannot! My hand is slipping!"

Very nervous, Wendel slid his palm through his hair and over his eyes widened, even more, when he felt my hand came off of his and I fell down with a violent impact. Soon he cried, looking in my direction.

"Vaaaaeeeer! Nnnnoooooo!"

In fear, I ended up closing my eyes and suddenly I felt my body being supported by two arms. Rapidly I looked up and saw two huge black wings. Finally, my gaze confronted the face of my guardian from Neptune.

"Enzo! What are you doing here? Don't tell me you were watching me?"

"Please, no questions now, Vær! You are in danger! I am trying to take you out of it"

After that, Enzo flew over the heights and everyone looked at him and inclusively Wendel that was secure in the chair. He continued looking stunned in the direction of us and all the people in the park did the same. They could not believe what they were seeing in the midst of the sky.

A boy pointed his little forefinger at us and exclaimed highly.

"Look up, Mom, an angel!"

The mother protected her son with one arm like she looked still frightened by the scene.

The woman did not expect to appear an angel with dark wings in that place. Someone who had supernatural characteristics.

Even with a rain of astonished glances in our direction, Enzo continued flying with me in his arms and going away from the park. At that second, I looked back, trying to see the Ferris wheel and especially my colleague. I was unsure about the well-being of the individual who had made the invitation for that ride.

"Wendel! I need to get back there and know how he is!"

"Do not worry! He'll be fine."

Enzo informed still taking me away from the place entirely illuminated with lamps and colorful toys. I closed my eyes lamenting that catastrophe which had ruined my first date. But, I felt relieved to feel Wendel was fine and out of danger.