13

VINCENT

RELEVANCE IN THE REQUEST

I thought, thought over again and spent the day thinking about the sad face of my granddaughter while she was talking to me in the palace main room. I hated to see her like that, like an unhappy, even carrying such a splendid legacy like ours. Vær was a little bit of my daughter Valkyrie and this little bit also filled my life with wonderful moments. The feeling of being a grandfather of wonderful grandchildren was splendid and especially a sweet granddaughter, so soft and as fragile as Vaer.

Part of what I had become today as a figure more than paternal, I thanked my granddaughter who was always by my side. Now the time had come for me to thank her for all h tenderness for me.

The night had come faster and hours after dinner, I requested the presence of Eros, Valkyrie, and Vær in the meeting room. I was sitting on my throne, my daughter and Eros were standing in front of my seat and Vaer stood further back her parents. She was still feeling very hurt with her request denied by every one of us.

She automatically felt excluded from our lineage.

"I summoned the three of you here because I need to say something very serious in this moment."

All remained anesthetized by me, looking toward my giant chair. Vaer's neon blue eyes still shone with sadness, but she insisted on hearing everything I had to declare.

"I spent the whole day thinking about my granddaughter and her bitterness ..."

I paused, looking at the face of my princess.

"By means of it, I decided that I will grant her request."

Valkyrie and Eros despaired with my pronunciation while Vær gave me a bland and full of thanked smile. She or her parents were not waiting for it.

"Dad, you cannot allow my daughter to commit such nonsense like this!"

"I agree with my wife!"

"I have not finished talking yet..."

Both were silent and joined to each other with an embrace, they seemed very afflicted by the news. But I had even imagined that Eros and Valkyrie would act like that when they knew Vær could live sometime on planet Earth after my permission.

"I said I will let my granddaughter live temporarily on Earth, but on one condition."

"Condition?"

They questioned together and Vær took a step forward, looking alarmed by this restriction. Really she did not wait for it.

"On what condition, grandpa?"

I looked at her face; my granddaughter continued staring at me with a stunned face. As she did seem to fear what could come out of my lips.

"On the condition that you will have a guardian all the time with you."

My finger raised in her direction, as I stated.

"You will not step on another planet without having someone to protect you from dangers."

Vær shook her head, looking dissatisfied with the decision.

"That is not fair. I want to have the opportunity to live my life without having someone commanding me all the time. Without me feeling protected by another vampire."

"If it is not that way, so forget the idea of living with the humans on Earth. Because this is my condition and if you are not up to it, so I also do not agree with your request."

I affirmed severely looking at my granddaughter's face; she was voiceless for a moment. Her lips were anesthetized and not entirely opened. At that instant, Valkyrie looked at her and felt more relieved, thinking that Vær would not be absent from that castle.

"It's all right."

Vær ended up responding.

"But who will be my guardian?"

Seriously I replied.

"Enzo will be your guardian from Neptune."

The head of Vær shook again. She seemed more indignant by the news.

"No! I do not want Enzo behind me! I want to go to the planet Earth alone! That is my desire, my request and it is not fair for it to be shared forcefully with a guardian that you are putting behind me! Trying to watch me like I was a creature that was about to commit nonsense or suffer the worst cowardice in the universe!"

She shook her head, turned her back and walked away from the big room, however affirming something with her rebellious voice.

"I will go to the planet Earth alone! Please! No guardian or without my parents to try to control my life!"

Then Vær disappeared in one of the hall openings. Valkyrie and Eros stood there before me. They looked at me disapprovingly. Maybe they did not wait for my decision at last minute.

"Please, Dad, go back on your word and again forbid my daughter to commit this craziness! I beg you!"

"Vaer does not know how to defend herself, Vincent, if my daughter goes to the planet Earth, she probably will not come back, because the humans will destroy her."

Eros reinforced with anger. Valkyrie despaired even more with the words of her husband. Her tears started to loosen from her eyes and she ended up telling me full of resentment.

"Dad, if something terrible happens to my daughter on planet Earth ... I can never forgive you."

Valkyrie turned her back and left the place with hurried steps. Eros looked in my face and uttered something as well.

"It will be two because I also will never forgive you if my daughter is destroyed in the planet of the humans. What you're doing is craziness! My daughter has no structure to live away from us. She barely knows how to defend herself from an insect! Her blood is blue. She has no power to protect herself from danger."

But I faced my son in law as I was still resolute in my decision.

"I know well what I am doing."

My voice assured with authority.

"Vaer will have a guardian to protect her!"

maS��܉�