6

VAER

DAMNED BLUE BLOOD

That was two days before I would turn eighteen, and my mind could not stop thinking about it. Years ago, I was still a little girl who needed my parents to carry me on their laps and now I had grown enough to not need their arms to carry me to the places they wanted to be in my company. I had acquired voluminous breasts and an almost adult beauty. Everything in me had changed, even the way I saw my life, the castle of my grandfather and all around me.

But at this time I lowered my gaze after I looked to the side and saw Enzo, sitting on the balcony railing. He looked thoughtful as looked away. I was sitting differently from his way. My legs were hanging down while they were covered by the gigantic skirt of my long dark pink hue dress.

"Tomorrow I will turn eighteen."

Informed, looking down from the balcony and watching the snow covering part of the floor.

Enzo remained staring away, but he could hear everything I said to him. He seemed to comprehend that the next day would be a very special night for me and for my family.

"Yes. As time passed by to everyone in this castle." he looked to one side and stared at my face. "I have a hundred years and you have not even a third half at my age."

He returned to watch what he was looking before.

"Yes," I smiled gently. "But I consider myself a mature vampire. Not with so much life experience, but I think I'm ready to make my own choices."

Enzo gave me a repressive look. I looked like saying nonsense.

"Excuse me Vær, I do not want to detonate your little girl dreams. But I think you do not have a lot of choices."He back to looked in front and saw the region closest to the castle while he remained giving life to his masculine voice. "You're a vampire princess who is destined to live in this castle in Neptune for the rest of your existence."

He looked down.

"Not to mention that..."

He paused, but I insisted, looking at his image in profile, all in dark suits.

"Not to mention what? Continue talking!"

Soon he took courage.

"Not to mention that you are a blue-blooded vampire and will always need guards."

I looked down, feeling very fragile. Sometimes I hated feeling like this. Imagining that I should be protected by someone all the time.

I really wanted to feel freer to breathe relieved, not believing that I was always unprotected and in danger because I was carrying blue blood in my veins.

Cursed blue blood!

"I think that after tomorrow night, my life will not change many things."

I confessed him, a little disappointed at my own destiny.

"I'll just get more increasing numbers at my age. Only that."

Enzo's head got a slight movement while he agreed silently with my words.

Soon I looked to the side and saw him looking at mountains very distant from the palace. It was already night and the shadows of the hills were visible to us. Giving us the certainty that the night would be long.

"Enzo."

He looked to one side and stared at my image again. He knew I wanted to ask him something serious.