14

ENZO

THE WAIVER REQUEST

Not expecting it, I came to the meeting room, walking slowly toward the throne of my master. I had been out of the conversation between my master, Eros, Valkyrie, and Vær. And it had happened to the petition to the own King of the vampires. But now the time had reached to the point that I would have a private conversation with the master of the vampires and that occasion had come up to his request.

Vincent was already seated on his throne, probably waiting for my presence there. His gray eyes looked in my direction and he saw me walking with my cape, in no undershirt. I wore black pants and black long pipes boots.

Soon I stopped in front of his illustrious seat. I made a short bow in his image. He still remained silent, waiting for the right moment to start talking.

Even holding the tip of his chin, Vincent began to utter.

"I want you to be the guardian of my granddaughter and protect her for no harm to happen to her."

Hearing this, my neck made an unexpected moment. I felt a discomfort in hearing that order.

What did he say?

Guardian of his granddaughter?

Why was he ordering me this?

"Did you authorize Vær to go to the planet Earth?"

I questioned surprised. Vincent maintained his firm and centered posture while he still remained seated on his throne.

"Yes, I authorized the request of my granddaughter, but on this condition."He looked at me with a verbal petition. "That you're at her side, to take care of my granddaughter and protect her from danger. Vær does not have intellectual and physical conditions to defend herself alone. She was always created in this castle, far from danger and people who could threaten her. But from the moment that my granddaughter is on another planet, the things change from the figure."

"Why did you authorize her to go? If you master know that the planet Earth is not the appropriate place for your granddaughter?"

Vincent got silent and pondered for less than two seconds.

"That does not concern you. I make my decisions and choices. My servants only obey me."

"Pardon."

Soon I said as curving my face before my King.

"Now go and be prepared to fulfill your mission on planet Earth."

"Okay, sir."

I assured him with confidence in myself. I was enthusiastic to give my best to protect the princess Vær. Although, I hated the idea of having to reside on the planet Earth and among the human race.

VAER

Later...

Walking through the castle, I looked to one side and saw Enzo keeping his back leaned against the corridor wall while his arms were crossed on his strong chest and partially uncovered. Even without looking at the sides, he could feel that I was approaching him more and more.

As soon as I stopped almost beside him, my voice started our first dialogue after I was informed about my departure to Earth.

"Do you already know that Grandpa gave me permission to go to planet Earth?"

"Yes. I do."

He responded looking in the direction of his arms cluttered on each other. Enzo seemed upset with the situation and its amplitude. And the worst that he was also involved in this up to his neck since he forcefully would have to be my guardian and take care of me as if I was a child at the stage of starting to walk and give their first steps.

My throat sounded an anemic noise, accompanied by a strange nervous.

"Do you also know that you will have to be my guardian in the land of the humans?"

"Yes, I do."

His voice sounded ruder, it seemed like that was the worst part of the news. So we both ended up staying silent for some instants. Without one of us having the courage to look at the face of each other and protest something in our favor. It was a very strange situation. I felt committed to Enzo's destiny with regard to him going to Earth just to protect me.

Everything would be easier if I could guarantee my own protection by myself.

"Enzo, I do not want you to do it for me! I do not want you to go to the planet Earth behind me and run the risks that should be the only mine. It is me who want to live that dream. This desire is mine. I want to live it alone, in my way, without having someone on my feet, to be taking care of my life and of my steps."

I paused, looking up.

"I want to live my life alone, in my way and without having creatures next to me to give me as much protection and make me remember all the time that I do not serve for anything."

I looked down now.

"Not even to defend myself from danger."

I ended up looking to the side and seeing him in the same position. With his backs leaned against the wall, his arms still crossed over his chest and he sought to look to the fore and never to me or to the sides.

"So Enzo, I ask you to not go with me to Earth, invent an excuse for grandpa and say him you cannot go with me. He cannot oblige you to do this."

But Enzo kept himself resolute, his back unglued from the wall. His arms buckled and went back to get straight down. He started walking tame and full of sensual movements and so he stopped in front of me. Unintentionally, I looked at his strong bare chest, beneath his black cloak that was open at the front.

Enzo ended up gazing at my neon blue eyes and his pale lips moved, so forming words.

"I'm sorry, Vaer..." his voice sounded ironical to my ears. "But I'm here to receive and fulfill your grandfather's orders and not yours."

After that, he began to walk to one side, that way purposely dashing one side of his shoulder on my face. His gait showed irritation. My friend Enzo seemed to be very angry with his mission, after him having to dedicate to me as my guardian, on a planet that he did not want to be part of anymore.

tyle='ŭԜj��