20

VAER

ENROLLMENT IN SCHOOL

I got a small, isolated house, which was farther from the small town.

In that place, I felt safer and could act more naturally without reminding me all the time that I was not human, but I should behave like one.

That was in the evening. I'd just arranged the house in my way. The rooms were not huge, but for only one person living inside it, I thought it could be classified as a micro-palace.

All rooms and the piece of furniture were fabulous, but what I identified even it was with my bedroom. In it was a small single bed, two round cushions on the bed. Next to it was one bed-table with lamp shade in black tone. On the wall beside the bed, it had a picture of a princess. The curtains on the window were violet with dark ruffles.

On the other side of the bed, there was a dark armchair.

Oh, I could not forget my four-door wardrobe was full of clothes. Garments which I had acquired with a value corresponding to my diamond tiara.

I really was very happy in that humble house, while I felt more responsible for my actions and my attitudes away from my real family of vampires.

For a while, I sat on the bed and held one of the round cushions on my lap. So I started thinking about Neptune, about my family and especially about my parents. I was already missing them a lot and believed they were feeling the same regarding me.

My absence at the castle should be martyrdom for them.

That same day, I asked for information on the street and came to a school in the town center. In high school housing office, I asked all the information for me to join the school for young people at my age. The school principal was a robust woman wearing eyeglasses and a blue shirt, containing the school name, her name and also her function was mentioned in a white square identification on the left side of her chest.

As soon as I sat in the chair facing her desk, she asked me professionally things as she was used to getting students or parents of them in her office.

"In which grade do you want to enroll, young lady?"

Confused, I could not answer.

"Grade?"

"Where is your school record?" –she insisted, after realizing that I was silent. "I believe that you came transferred from another school. After all, the school year has already started a few months ago."

"School year?"

That phrase slid from my mouth. The principal looked at me suspiciously, realizing that I was shocked by the words 'school year'.

"Could I come back here tomorrow?" I got up from the chair in a hurry. "Actually, I did not bring the necessary documents to my registration, ma'am."

"It's all right."

She also stood and looked in my costume and realized I was wearing strange clothes. That is black long-barreled boots, fishnet stockings pants, and black dress with white ruffles at the knee height. Lace gloves and a huge black lace at the top of the head. In fact, I looked like a doll, decorated with so many exaggerated accessories.

Then, I turned my back and left her office.

Leaving school, I saw a girl at my age. She was walking down the sidewalk as was alone. Her hair was red and long, she had dark skin, her eyes were dark brown.

She was wearing her school uniform, pleated black skirt, seven-eighths black stockings, black shoes, white shirt with lace tie in bowknot format, black vest, and black beret.

"Hello!"

I exclaimed in her direction. She looked back and saw me moving hurriedly to her.

"Hi."

The strange responded bland and looked me from down upon.

"You're new at school?"

"In Fact, I'm still not registered in it."

"Why?"

"I am to go back to school tomorrow to do so."

She gave me a friendly smile. Already looking used to the idea that soon I would also be a student of her school and that maybe we could be partners or real friends.

"I hope you get it! I wish you good luck!"

"Thanks."

I made a noise with my throat and watched her in silence. I was starting to enjoy having contact with the humans and especially with that girl with red hair.

"Which grade are you in?"

"I'm in the high school the last grade. Soon I will have to go to college." She rolled her eyes. "It will be tedious me having to study a few more years in my life."

I shook my head in agreement.

"Nice."

"What about you?" She looked at me in profile. "You are studying in which grade?"

"The same as yours."

"Wow" That is great!" she smiled. "I hope you get a vacancy in my classroom. I think it would be cool me and you studying together this last year."

"Yeah..."

I responded, imagining that this would be possible. But I should first enroll myself in that school. But, I did not know how to do this. In Neptune, there was no school and I did not need to have to attend one because I already knew everything.

The other day, I returned to the school office and took a school record that I had achieved with my own methods. I was smart enough to do this without raising any suspicion. The principal held the white paper and analyzed it superficially.

"You'll attend the last year at high school?"

"Yes. Soon I will have to attend college and study many years of my life."

I rolled my eyes.

"It will be boring for me to have to study a more lot of years."

The principal made a face as staring at the paper in her hands.

"Your school record shows that you only take 10 on the tests in school." She stared at me. "By chance, did you cheat at examinations in school?"

"Cheat at examinations?"

My eyebrow arched.

"Yes, I thought you liked the studies. But I see that you hate, young lady."

"No, no ... I do everything right, principal. I like the studies."

She looked me over and said nothing for a while.

"I hope so. You are young and beautiful! Do not try to waste your youth with things that will not bring you a brilliant future."

She approached her face over mine and began to give me notice of conduct with her soft voice.

"Forget the cute guys! Dances during the weekends! Cellular phone and focus on your studies, girl!"

Through this, I was even more confused with those warnings. Because I did not do anything of that. That is, I did not think about the boys. I never attended dances out of the castle of my grandfather and not even I have a cell phone.

"I've already got a brilliant future at my family's side on... Nept..." the director looked at me for not understanding anything. "... But I'm in this school in passing ..."

"All students are at the school in passing."

The principal said back and turned her back to me to start doing my school record.