9

VALKYRIE

SERIOUS CONVERSATION WITH MY PRINCESS

I entered my daughter's room and closed the door behind me. I looked toward her bed and did not see her there. Since then, my gaze ran to one side and there she was, standing at the open window of her bedroom. My daughter looked through the window-pane, with her arms crossed on her chest. She felt that I had entered her room and decided to allow me to approach her as she had done many times when I always approached her for a conversation between mother and daughter.

Before I said something, her hands touched her triceps and she remained with her back to me, as looking at everything out there.

"Honey, understand the decision of your grandfather and ours. We do not want you in danger on the planet Earth."

Vær remained silent, swallowing her anger after her request had been denied by the master of the vampires. Even if she counted on this hypothesis, but did not believe it could prevail in her destiny and chase away her crazy dream of living a life alongside the humans, simply on the planet Earth.

"I understand you want to venture into something you do not know yet. This is part of your age."I smiled by recalling my jovial time. "After all, I had ever had your age and I was impulsive as you show yourself to be now, my daughter."

"I just want a request."

Croaked still watching the scenery outside the window. Her Neon blue eyes sought all around the castle and she saw a lot of snow and a bunch of lifeless trees, over and above a gray sky during the day.

"See, Mother. I'm tired of living in this castle and see only snow and thousands of dry trees, rocks and a sky that just lives cloudy during the day."

She turned to me and looked me in the face confronting me as an adult person and with choices settled in her mind.

"At my grandfather's castle, there are only five people counting with me." She looked down."I want to know the humans. I want to meet people."

Her eyes met with my gray look.

"I want to fall in love like you and Dad is in love with each other."

She left the window, walked towards her bed and sat on it. Keeping her hands rested in her lap. Thus, showing herself to be a very young and well-bred vampire.

"If I continue in this castle and do not go to Earth, this will never happen to me."

Vaer closed her eyes and a blue tear ran down her pale cheek. My daughter's tear moved me deeply. Vær was my life and her suffering was always my torment.

Soon I found myself forced to walk to her and sit at her side, sheltering her hands in mines. While my mother soft voice, came out of my mouth with a heartfelt message.

"Daughter, Not everything that we wish for must be realized."

I raised my head and looked in front.

"Sometimes we have the power to do petitions that do not suit us, in fact. We are blinded by lack, need, passions and we forget that sometimes the reason must speak louder at certain occasions of our lives and I think that today is one of those moments. You should consider about your contradictory request."

She lifted her face and I stroked the side of her countenance tenderly.

If we deny your request today it is not because we want to keep you only here, close to us."I paused staring at her in the eyes. "But to keep you safe and defend you from the threats that the universe offers you."

My hand lost force and ended up abandoning the face of my little girl.

"The vampires also run a risk!"

I affirmed.

"And in your case, that care should be redoubled, after all, you have blue blood, you are a very rare species of vampire and literally fragile to any attack of enemies."

I swallowed my saliva of anxiety and fear, by imagining that I could lose my daughter to any slide in her life. Vær had very different protection from ours and her resistance to danger as well.

"I'd been human, dear, and I can affirm that the humans never are our friends."

Another tear rolled down Vær's face. She ended up burying her face in the line of my bust. Her voice came out choked by the fabric of my dress.

"Mom, I need to take that risk!"

She supplicated.

"I cannot stay in this castle for a long time, or I'll end up debilitating of so much tediousness."

Her head lifted and the contours of her eyes blurred with her tears confronted desperately mine.

"When I was a kid, I saw a small little world of the vampires, in this castle or in its surroundings. But now, I grew up and realized that life is much ampler than I imagined. We have opportunities, the power of choices. Various sensations that allow us to dream of a future in another atmosphere."

She paused.

"I realized that Neptune has become too small for me ...it became the prison of my dreams ..."

Vaer shook her head.

"I cannot remain in that chain of repressions imposed by my grandfather, my father and you."

I closed my eyes for some instants. This was one of the most difficult conversations I had even had with my daughter. Now she did not want to follow my advice because she already had her opinion formed about the matter at hand. My daughter was no longer the girl that shook her head while agreeing with everything her mother said and recommended to her.

"Vaer, understand that the humans are a threat to our species. We cannot live in their midst. This has been proven by me, by your father, by your grandfather and any other vampire who has lived much longer than you and gone to planet Earth to evidence it."

"I'm not afraid of danger I will run if I am among the humans." She stared at me in the face."I'm afraid to never have the opportunity to live this experience."

"Vaer, stop it!" I hugged her desperately. "That way you destroy me in disgust, daughter! I and your father did not create you to see your destruction! That would be the end of my existence! I cannot bear to lose you."