Kei || [A] Hate

a/n: how did i even get myself into this mess of kei feels sobs my son.

btw you're just a friend of kei's. he's aware of your love for him, but he's done nothing about it.

The sound of the truck's tires were heard as it tries to break, the rubber rubbing against the pavement with such force, but it was all too late. The large vehicle had collided with Kei already; his body under the truck and laying in his own pool of blood. You drop your school bag and your phone in shock, eyes widen with fear. Was he dead?

The driver panics, jumping out of his truck. "I-It wasn't m-m-my fault! You have to understand! The light was green too!," he defends as he motions his arms to his truck and the street light.

But the crowd, watching the entire scene unravel, gasps loudly as they look at the boy under the truck. His body twitches and black particles are forming from his body. Your body goes stiff, blood feeling like it went cold as your eyes were glued at the scene. No... He can't be.

Kei limps out from under the truck and stands up on his feet. He's confused as to why everyone was looking at him weirdly, but as he looks at his hands, seeing the black particles. The young male flinches, but starts to speak.

"N-No... I-I'm... It's not... I-I'm human..!"

He then looks up as makes direct eye contact with you and you felt yourself step back slightly, but eyes still locked with his. Your eyes are telling me just who you are, you thought to yourself. Liar, now I know what you are.

"[F/N]!," he calls out to you, but people have already started to call the police. A shaky breath releases as he watches you whip around to run off away from him. "[F/N]!," he calls out again as he chases after you. Not too long after, he hears the sirens of the police arrive at the scene after he leaves.

I don't wanna know nothing, no, no; it's over now.

Why? We're done so move along now. Go back because I won't follow. There's nothing left.

Your figure disappears into the woods, but Kei never stops following right behind you. He continues to run after you, even when the sun was starting to set. "[F/N], it's dangerous to be out here!," he shouts as he is now running around aimlessly,"I promise I won't hurt you!"

His soft red eyes catch sight of your form, sitting against a tree and hugging your knees to your chest. He slows down and walks over to you with quiet footsteps. Kei calls out your name softly as he kneels beside you. You flinch upon being so close to him, especially knowing he's an ajin, but he doesn't lay a hand on you. He knows the boundaries.

Your brows scrunch up in frustration, but tears were escaping your eyes. Why is he here? Why did he chase after you? After all, he didn't care much for others, did he not?

This nothingness in my life I can't fight, that's why I'm better off alone. Leave 'cause I won't miss you.

"I hate you, Kei," you mumble out. The male blinks at your choice of words, in his eyes were expressing that he was only slightly shocked from this. "I don't wanna hear your excuses for this. Don't associate yourself with me anymore."

I'm so tired of you.

"I don't know what you truly are," you continued,"but all I know is I hate you now."

Upon hearing that, Kei simply stands up with his hands clenched into fists. He only pauses before he turns around, walking away from you almost immediately, without ever looking back.

Why are you mute? Aren't you afraid of waking up alone tomorrow?

It was the last you've seen Kei face to face.