Kei/Kai/Kou || [F] Scenario

a/n: [loud shouting] FLOWER SHOP AUS!!!!!

[aggressive grunting] SOULMATES AUUUUUUUU.

[violently frustrated noises] MAKING LITTLE WISHES!!!!

it's 3am and i'm writing fanfiction, what is this lmao

This is an imagine-scenario. So [he] can be referred to any K-Boy you want to think of.

             He's forced to work at a flower shop that a relative of his opened up years ago. At least he was getting paid and truth to be told, he slightly did enjoy running this shop, but he'd never admit it. Many different people came in and out of the shop, requesting all sorts of flowers for a variety of occasions. Some were for funerals, for the sick, for congratulating someone on an achievement, for a birthday gift. But one he knows too well above all was one for a relationship. Roses were often requested to symbolize love as a gift to a loving partner.

He didn't say anything to any of the customers though.

He had been working long enough at the flower shop to read a book his relative had kept at the counter. From cover to cover, he's read the entire thing and memorized every word on each page. Like a globe amaranth flower symbolized an immortal love, or in simpler terms, an undying love. Where as a rainflower meant to return one's feelings romantically or to never forget that person.

He felt there was something more to these flowers than people take them for, yet his mouth remained sealed as he thought it would be useless information to these people anyway. He tilts the water bucket slightly, watering the flowers resting in their little pots. A smile graces his lips as the smell of a fresh, dewy plant hits his senses, but then he hears the counter bell ring.

It's mid-spring and everyone was busy with their studies or out of town, so he found it odd to have a customer here. As he approaches the counter, he sees you, your hand hovering over the desk's bell. You smile at him softly.

"Cute shop," you laugh softly,"May I buy some lilacs? They're my brother's favorite, but he's in the hospital. I thought maybe they'd cheer him up."

A blush dusts his cheeks with a soft redness, but he only nods, unable to muster up a reply to you. Never before had someone entered the flower shop and create such an impact on him.

He rushes throughout the shop to look for a group of lilacs wrapped in it's plastic, your eyes watching him as you wait by the counter.

When he comes back, standing behind the counter, he finally is able to speak properly. "Would you like a vase with this?"

You nod and give him another smile, causing him to blush more, but continue on with his job. He takes out a simple vase and pours a cup of water into it before putting the lilacs into it. "Usually, customers have to pay extra for adding a vase, b-but this time, it's on the house."

You blink at him wildly as you held out your wallet from your purse. "Really...?"

He nods.

A laugh escapes your lips and his heart skips a beat.

"Thanks," you nod, handing him the cash for the flowers then heading out, exiting the shop with the vase and lilacs.

Since then, he's grown more and more attached to the shop and taking care of the plants. As days go on, he wishes deep down you would continue to stop by. He sighs as he's standing outside the shop, watering the flowers that were getting sun perfectly fine out here on display for customers to see them. He sees one of the dandelions had turn into the little form people had always liked to pick up and blow the seeds, often making a wish with the gesture.

His eyes close for a brief moment as he thinks. Maybe, just maybe, if I wished...?

He plucks the dandelion from the bunch and gently blows a breath on it, the seeds of it scattering off into the sky and in the direction the wind is blowing it. His soft eyes follow the seeds, but in the distance, he sees your figure approaching the shop. His eyes widen in shock as he's taken aback.

You laugh at him as you finally approached him close enough. As you wave playfully at him, you tell him your next order.

"Have any clovenlip toadflax?"

But just who was the flower for?

The next week, you came back on the same day. You casually asked him if he had a certain type, but this time it was an acacia.

Then the next week comes around and the same process happens again. Only you wanted a mallow this time.

"Mallows sure at beautiful, aren't they?" you smile as you watch him cut the extra stems from the mallows he held.

"They are, yeah," he smiles softly and agrees. As he hands the order to you and you gingerly take it from his hands, he finally finds the courage to ask you curiously. "So what are all these flowers for? Who's the lucky person?"

You simply giggle and hand him the money you had owed. Playfully, you had smile at him, waving at him with one hand as you exit. "Next week, you'll find out."

It left him anxious to wait for the following week, though, he kept assuming you would confess you already had a partner and bring that particular person to the shop so he could meet that person. He sighs softly as he's waiting, but then the bell chimes at the door. His eyes advert and you enter the shop with a large bouquet of the flowers you had been buying the past few weeks. They were meshed together in the bundle, but they had looked amazing.

You sheepishly smile at the boy and laugh nervously.

"I didn't know how else to approach you, so I thought this would be the best idea. I hope you understand."

  An acacia symbolized a secret love, he remembers. Please notice my love/feelings for you, that's what the flower, clovenlip toadflax , had symbolized. And a group of mallows, the mallows had represented being consumed by the emotion of love.

He smiles at you softly, a chuckle dropping from his lips; his voice deep and smooth.

"I guess this is one way to confess and express your feelings."