Kou || [A/F] Fears

a/n: i love nakano so much sobs. short prompt though! under 350 words.

slight angst = the killing

mostly fluff = kou's love for you

- ajin!reader -

        Tears brimmed at his eyes as he shakily held his gun. He hated doing this, but you only wanted him to do this. "K-Kou! Hurry up!," you urge him. His teeth clenches as he pulls the trigger, the bullet shoots through your forehead and your system, knocking you cold as the blood went everywhere. The tears now escape his eyes as he waited for you to recover.

Just thirty seconds later, the cackling of regeneration is heard as your wounds disappear as well as the bullet one and you awaken. You slowly sit up, rubbing your head as you sigh. A sniffling catches your attention and you look at Kou.

"Nakano, again?," you frown. You always knew he despised doing this to you; he truly loved and cared for you, never wanting to cause you harm, but in the end, he knew this was good for you to reset.

"I just don't like doing this to you," he breathes out deeply as he puts aside his gun in his belt holder. He inhales,"I hate hurting you."

"And I hate hurting you as well, Nakano," you sigh out softly. You stand up on your feet then approach the brown-haired boy, your hands reaching up to caress his cheeks. Both of your eyes meet as you take a moment to look into his deeply and softly.

"I'm afraid," he whispers, his voice wavering in fear.

"Of what?"

"Every time I reset you... What if you don't wake up the next time? What would I do...?"

Your heart aches in pain at the thought, you feared the same for him, but you give him a gentle smile.

"Nakano, if I never wake up; I'd be waiting for you. Plus, I'd be happy I would be dying by your hands, nobody else."

He shakily smiles at you as he leans in to press a kiss onto your forehead.

"I'm still afraid... To even lose you..."