Kei || [A] In My Blood

a/n: thank you everyone for over 2k views!

[ In My Blood - The Veronicas ]

theme: Kei Nagai raging over falling in love

Furious and blinded by rage. Adrenaline pumping and heart racing. Anger is only a simple word to describe what he's feeling. What he was going through was maddening, the silence was deafening. The pounding in his head won't cease down as he's driven into a flood of his own thoughts. He never wanted this, he never asked for this. Love was a stupid thing that only weakens people.

But that was the biggest question that lies in his head. Was he really in love? He's got to think this logically.

His heart speeds up when he sees you. His mind races and his body is filled with worry when you're nearly harmed or scratched. When his eyes close, he can see you behind his lids; the image of you was permanent in his brain. Your name rolls off his tongue as if it's the only thing he can say. He thinks of only being with you and nobody else.

So was he in love? Did he care too much?

He's sinking further into his thoughts and he honestly feel himself going insane. Hands gripping angrily at his short, dark hair as his deep red eyes are hard and focused, brows scrunched up in contorted rage. Why was he in love? Why was he so mad about this?

Ah, it was simple. Something about you was different from every other person. Your smile, your personality, your voice. Just everything was drowning him in a wave of emotions; or like an eclipse surrounding him in darkness. He was pissed at this, at you, for weakening his damn heart.

Love, to him, is what made people vulnerable. Love was something you have to give trust, effort, time, and strength to.

Kei had none of those things to offer. He only trusts himself, it was that straightforward. He finds no point in putting effort. Time was something he needed to use wisely so he can keep pushing forward, rather than being stuck in one spot. And strength? Kei wasn't physically strong, but mentally? He couldn't dare to think he'd be the one to be support for 'love'.

And he tells himself, constantly, so frequently, so damn often that he'd get over you. He promises to erase you and put you aside, yet he can't. You always end up needing his help in dire situations and his body betrays his mind as he's always saving you.

You're only innocent though, you have not a clue what you're doing to him and his feelings. But you're just a curse to him. He would of been perfectly fine if you had not came along, he repeats to himself.

"Just abandon her somewhere and she'll stop tagging along," he thinks in his mind.

For a second, he thinks that's the best idea, but then another thought interrupts his motions. He mutters under his a string of curses as his heart twists in a dull, aching pain at the thought of you no longer by your side.

Why? Why him out of everyone?

He doesn't need love, or so he tells himself again.

Yet he plays you like a symphony to himself until his fingers bleed; like you were the greatest masterpiece. You had ruined him. Only you had done him wrong. And it only cuts deeper, hurts better, when he knows that you have not a single idea the destruction you are causing him within his heart.

He feels it in his blood.