Kei/Kai/Kou || [F] Headcanons 6

a/n: as requested bc i actually enjoy giving headcanons || sorry i'm sick so this chapter might sound really serious pft

also i apologize from switching to "s/o" to "you" frequently in these things. it's a force of habit.

reminder that s/o stands for significant other to balance girl, boy, or genderless reader respectfully.

|| How the boys act in a relationship ||

Kei Nagai:

Not necessarily what you call a 'tsundere', but Kei has one hard time showing his affection to his s/o. For example, one scene, he does say if Kou's head was decapitated, he wouldn't care, yet later on, Kou was in a situation where his head was nearly cut off, causing Kei to save the boy.

In other words, Kei may seem like he doesn't care about you at all (before the relationship starts), but let's say for instance, you're speaking to another person. He examines and observes from afar how you laugh at whatever the person had said to you and it's obvious he's envious of the person to get you in such a state. Someone (perhaps Kaito) would tease at his nerves about his jealously, but Kei always dismisses it.

Eventually, Kei has to spill the details about having such interest in you, though it's hard for someone like him. When in the relationship, he might be awkward and really stiff. It's most likely his first time in a relationship because before you, he'd focus on his own life. Graduating school after hard studying, get a good job, and die happy after having such a good life. He didn't think he'd need love.

Though, it's not like he's completely stupid to these things, or anything at all. He might have a couple tricks up his sleeves to swoon you or surprise you from time to time. After all, he's a smart kid.

Overall, when he's in a relationship, he doesn't show much affection (especially in public) because he's a little, what you call, stiff to these things. It's not like he hates you or has a hard time showing it (maybe he does), but if you're willing to help him and stick around, he eventually warms up to you. Kaito and Kou would be shocked when Kei starts to smile fondly at you. Again, being in a relationship with Kei though, will take quite a bit of time to enter that comfortable zone. I hope you're a patient one with Nagai.

Kou Nakano:

It's very canon my boy is natural at being social. So when you first meet him, he's very friendly and talkative with you. Soon, Kou actually does develop feelings for you in which he does confess to you (he would see no point in bottling it up). He's simply straight forward.

When in a relationship with Kou, he's quite protective (not over) and makes sure you're alright almost all the time when you two are together. He's a little too simple-minded though, so often, you have to be blunt with him, don't try to be mysterious or something around him. Because he's so simple-minded, he often mistakes that you are possibly cheating on him or wanting to break up with him on some cases.

With Kou, you have to be super-loving and super-reassuring to him. Kou has a low self-esteem, especially in a relationship, so you have to bring him back up. He's strong, physical wise, but when it comes to self-esteem and confidence, it doesn't match up.

Besides that, he enjoys affection and cuddles. He'd hold your hand in public every time you two would go out (unless you are uncomfortable with skinship for whatever reason, Kou will actually respect that).

Also, if his s/o has low self confidence (just like Kou himself), he doesn't hesitate to uplift him. He knows how it feels to be unwanted or even thrown away and someone who is his s/o, he never wants you to feel like that. He'll shower you in light kisses all over your skin and whisper loving words. You weren't perfect, nobody is, but Kou knows you're perfect for him.

Kaito:

He's dealt with all kinds of people before, but he's never been in a relationship honestly. Kaito is a little shy, yet this doesn't prevent him from treating you like a divine being. He would never dream of cheating on you or doing anything crazy like that. It's very canon he's loyal as a person as shown how loyal he is to the friendship he has with Kei.

When in a relationship with him, he puts you before himself. Like for example, if both of you fell off the bed (for whatever reason pft), he'd panic and make sure you're okay, even if he had some bones sticking out in all the wrong places or he was bleeding profusely from his stomach. He could be in the worse state or even close to death, but he'd always worry for you first.

Likewise, your happiness comes first too because when you're happy, he's happy. If you're a short-tempered person or the type to fall into a low point in life, Kaito can easily help you. At first, he's scared, even panicked, for you, but he's more concerned as he sees that you need his help. He'll help calm you in any way he can.

There's other things like if you maybe afraid of what's in the dark (I know I am) or whatever fear you have, he'll help you calm down.

His warm embrace in his arms and the sound of his soothing voice always let's you know Kaito will never abandon your side.