Kei || [A] Goodbye

a/n: requested || focused on kei, less of reader. || short prompt

sometimes i get comments like "did the reader die or???" and tbh, it's up to you to decide lol. it's either a really distressful break up or a death, okay. it's really up to you. :V

inspiration: Eyelids - PRVIS

          No matter how many blankets he had on him or what temperature he set on, he could still feel the cold biting at the surface of his skin. He knows though, that when you're within his arms, he can feel your body heat just warming him. A warmth that felt like he was safe and at peace. He remembers so vividly how it felt, the softness of your smell, even the form of your body against his.

Kei can't sleep, it's obvious. He fears the evening because of it because you're not here, no. Not anymore.

He knows it too well, that once his eyes close and he falls asleep, he'll have that dream again. That feeling again. The one where you're leaving his side and abandoning him in the cold, bitter world.

He doesn't want to wake up either though because your hand won't be intertwined with his, holding onto him so tightly like you were scared of him being the one to leave first.

What was the point of you saying all those "good morning" when you ended it with a "goodbye"?

His eye lids are heavy, he's so sleep-deprived yet he's fighting the sleepiness to bad. What is he feeling? There was so many emotions; tiredness, heartbreak, sorrow, distress. Those were only the first ones he thought of. His eyes close for a second, but they reopen the next second. He's so weary, but he's not ready to say "good night".

He's so weak. The fact that he fears cold nights like these that reminded of you, the you who left him behind. Even though he was incredibly tired, he's aware he's delusional, yet he swears he can feel your hands in his hair. The way you use to caress and play with it to get him so sleepy. The way you breathed so softly, your breath brushing against the skin of his neck. He just wanted to feel you by his side again. To hear your voice once more. The one that once to use to whisper loving words that were only meant for him.

But it's saddening that his eyes have to close again for yet another night. As his eye lids grow  heavier and he finally gives in, his eyes close and he falls into the same cold darkness that greets him. He feels you by his side, though he'll never find you in this darkness. Not when you're so far away.

Saying goodbye was the hardest part.

Living on without you became even harder.

"Well, I hope you're having sweet dreams, where ever you are.."