Kei || [A] Like We Use To

a/n: please keep up to date with the manga otherwise you're just reading spoilers in my own updates lol.

why is this somewhat lengthy >:(

also WOW a lot of people are reading this book and voting on it, thank you a lot for showing your support and love!

inspiration: We Don't Talk Anymore - Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez

       Kei sighs at the phone in his hand. The screen is lit up, showcasing the messages you had sent weeks ago, but he never replied to you. You were only asking him what's up and how he was doing that day. Ironic how you picked the exact day he had a talk with his mother.

Think rationally, Kei. If you really want to achieve that dream of yours, you need to stop talking to Kaito and get out of that relationship you have.

His mother was right.

He closes his eyes tightly as he sighs. His thoughts are all messed up and colliding with one another. The dream, his dream, was to become a doctor and find this cure to heal his sick sister. No doctor was able to help her, but he would be the one to do it and nobody will get in the way of that.

Kei reopens his eyes, his dark red eyes landing across your old text messages.

-Hey.

-What's up?

-Kei, I know you're reading these... You're making me worry.

-Are you really doing this?

-I see how it is.

Even if he silently was ignoring you and your messages, he couldn't get you out of his brain. All this time, since he's been ignoring you, his thoughts felt like it was only ever you. The memories revolved around his brain 24/7 and he couldn't just get his mind off of it. You were sweet and gentle, something Kei wasn't, yet you still chose to love him. Or rather, loved him.

He's sitting on his bed, still staring down at the messages as the morning sun rises. A heavy sigh escapes his lips as his thumbs type away on his keyboard.

-Happy birthday.

He bites on his bottom lip as he sits there in silence, his thumb hovering over the send button. As a minute passes by, his thumb moves over to the backspace button, completely erasing the message. She would think I'm pathetic, he thought to himself as he tosses the phone aside to get ready for the day.

       Today would be a special day for you, but you nearly forgot your own birthday when your eyes opened up, awoken from your slumber so suddenly. The clock read 7:05 am and you unlock your phone. It was an instinct to check the messages between you and Kei, but you were immediately brought down as there was nothing new at all. You wanted to cry again, though you knew your eyes were dried out as it was. You bite the inside of your cheek as you type away a message.

-I really miss you.

Suddenly, a text message bubble appears with three dots within it, symbolizing the other was typing at the current moment. Your heart jumps in your chest in anxiousness, but the feeling quickly sinks down your chest as you're brought with disappointment when the bubble disappears and nothing is sent to you.