Kou || [F] Glow

inspiration:

"The darker the night, the brighter the stars."

You sigh as you were sitting upon a green hill, playing and tugging with the grass underneath you. The struggles of school were putting pressure and weighing down your chest. It was not teachers and the assignments alone, but the people who pushed you around like a rag doll and manipulated you. Your brows scrunch up as you angrily grab a fistful of grass and toss it into the soft wind, the grass flying away into the night sky.

"[F/N]?," a voice calls out from behind you.

You don't flinch, but look behind you to see Kou Nakano. The male smiles upon making eye contact and walks over to you, offering a hand to help you up. "I thought I might find you here..."

You gently take his offer and he helps you onto your feet. "I heard what happened," he sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. You advert your gaze to the ground, avoiding eye contact while there was a long, awkward pause between the both of you until he speaks up again.

"S-So I wanted to show you what I made for you!," he smiles widely.

You blink and look at him, confused.

"You'll see when I show you. Remember that shack we found? C'mon!"

He tugs your wrist and guides you through the darkness of the trees, not too far form the hill; the shack's location.

"Kou, what are you--"

The male hushes you as he gingerly pushes the old door open to the shack and urges you to step inside first. As you step inside, you walk cautiously due to lack of light now.

"Nakano, I can't see a damn thing..."

"Wait for it!," he replies as you feel his body zip past by you and his footsteps head off to a corner of a shack. You hear a cloth being pulled (and other various noises being moved) and the shed immediately lights up with different neon colors. Glowing shades of magenta, green, purple, orange, yellow, and blue paint the once dark shed into a blossoming neon light show almost.

Kou smiles even more and rubs his neck, nervously this time. "I filled jars up with that liquid they put in glowsticks? It's-- It's dangerous, but I thought you might like them."

He chuckles as you continue to look around in awe at the beauty. The little jars filled with the liquid where placed in different parts of the shack; perched on old shelves, on the small tables, the ground, the window still, and a couple even hung from the ceiling carefully.

"Y-You were feeling a bit down and I know.. That when people feel down, they kind of feel.. Like in the dark?," he pauses as you look at him, waiting for him to continue,"What I'm saying is... That when your darkness becomes even darker, the stars in your darkness will shine even brighter."

A blush appears on your face, but you rush over to him, attacking him in a tight hug. He's shocked at this at first; eventually hugging you back.

"S-So did I cheer you up?"

You laugh as you continued to cling to him. "Of course you did, thank you."

Little did he know, he was the brightest star out of them all in the darkness.