Kou || [F] Promises

a/n: AHHHH kou my awkward yellow birb.

     Hiding within an abandoned shack, Kou sighs softly. He sees your resting form upon the floor, noting at how peaceful you had looked like this. The boy just wishes that it were actually like that for this situation since he was being chased down by the government. Yet another sigh leaves his lips; he was just so worried for your safety. You weren't an ajin like he was and the government would consider you an accomplice for helping him run off like this.

Kou was afraid for your life or what they might do to you if they got their hands on you, but he was also glad you were by his side. A smile graces his lips and his features; he swears he won't let anybody capture you and as long as he does that, you'll stay by his side and that's the only thing he ever needs.

He unzips his jacket only to strip it off and lay it across your body. The male takes one last look at you before he quietly steps out of the shack, into the quiet woods. Sunlight peered through the branches and leaves, really setting in the calm feeling of the surrounding.

Kou inhales deeply then exhales as he wanders around, past brushes, between trees, and down small trailed paths. He eventually ends up finding a cliff edge where it had a great view of the sparkling ocean. A small smile appears on his face and even though afraid of heights, he sits on the ground, not too close to the edge, but sits and rests his arms on his knees.

He had so many thoughts running through his mind, making it a little hazy for him to even think straight. He didn't want to end up doing anything rash, no, not when he especially had to protect you. Sure, he couldn't die, but he didn't have an IBM like Satou or the other couple ajins had.

The smile slowly disappears from his face as the wind gently blows against his skin, caressing the surface of it with it's cool air. He inhales.

"Kou?"

A gasp drops from his mouth and he jumps up, looking behind him. He calms down at the sight of you with his jacket draped over your shoulders so gingerly. You grip onto the jacket, but you give him a shy and kind smile. You walk over to where he was and take a spot next to him.

"I thought you ditched me," you teasingly say with a half-giggle.

"Wha-- Me? N-No! Never!"

You laugh at his stuttering and he sighs with a pout on his face.

"Well, why are you out here then?" you ask, keeping your eyes on him.

"I.. I have too much on my mind."

"Usual."

"W-Well! I'm worried about you! You shouldn't be with me-- N..Not like that! I mean, with me-- Here! Here.. Because the government would take you into custody too."

Kou frowns and looks away, over to the sparkling ocean once again. The breeze picks up again, the cool air brushing against his skin once more.

"I'm aware of that... But I don't want you to be captured either, Kou. I heard they torture captured ajins in their facility and I don't want to think about you in that type of situation."

A frown appears on your face now causing Kou to glance at you quickly then fully look at you in shock; He hated it when you were sad or frowning.

"N-No! [F/N], sorry! I-I promise none of it won't happen! They won't lay a hand on you nor will a bullet ever touch you!"

Your eyes widen at his words, a blush forms at your cheeks as you fumble with your fingers.

He continues to speak,"I would die a million times for you, even more, if I have to keep you alive!"

Your blush deepens at his promises. Kou gently grabs both of your hands, holding them between his. The both of you make eye contact with each other and he looks deeply into your eyes.

"[F/N], I care for you so much... And it means so much more to me that you're running with me considering there will be big consequences with it as well."

For a moment, Kou adverts his eyes as if he's hesitating for something, but then he quickly leans in and kisses your lips for a brief second.

"K-Kou!" you yell in shock.

He only smiles widely at you. "I just like you a lot, okay?"