15

Chapter Fifteen-"i've never felt more alive"

"I'm sorry babe. You know i didn't mean to be so harsh.." I hummed sweetly. Attempting to win her over. She continued to faff with food so i stepped towards her and took hold of her hands, firmly.

"Jess please don't be like this.. I just don't like sympathy that's all. I know you're doing it for me.. And i'm grateful. I just don't want you wasting sympathy on me" i admitted honestly. She constantly gazed down at the ground, shuffling about on her feet. I brought her chin up so her eyes met mine.

"I've never really been given sympathy before. I never know how to take it. Nobody's ever cared for me enough before. Apart from Han. I'm sorry Jess.." I explained. It was the truth. With my family, i'd never experienced real love and caring. Nobody had ever asked how my day at school was and on many occasions even bothered to feed me. Now i find it beyond difficult to accept it when people do care. I tend to throw it back in their faces, just like with Jessie.

Speaking of Jessie; she was still unresponsive. So i took it upon myself to show her how sorry i was. I moved forward slowly, and hesitantly. Until i could feel her breath against my lips. I waited a moment, worried she might pull back. When she didn't, i puckered my lips, meeting hers. She smiled slightly. That was something i supposed. I gave it a second before pulling back, only a fraction.

"I can't stay mad at you.." She breathed, smirking under her breath. I felt her play with my fingers, between hers.

"I promise i'm not going to treat you like your family did Chlo. I'm going to look after you, because i care. I really do." She half smiled. Her face has 'sympathy' written all over it. But this time it was okay. I liked it.

"Thank you.." I smiled, a full toothy smile. I felt asthough i needed to say more. I wanted to tell her i loved her.. But somehow i couldn't bring myself to do so. I felt silly, we'd spent barely any time together and i still barely knew Jessica. She didn't even know i had asthma for goodness sake! Surely it'd be crazy to love somebody in such a short length of time?

"chlo, i need to tell you.." She began, pausing for a second. She took a deep breath. My blood boiling in anticipation, beyond curious to hear what she had to say.

"Yeah..." I urged, desperate now for her to finish her sentence.

"Well, you see Chlo. It sounds mad, but i think i-" just then, alisha appeared.

"WASSUP LOVE BIRDS" she yelled as she pounded towards us. Urgh.

"Nothing, um, d-do you want some food alisha? Help yourself" jessie stuttered. To say she was flustered would be the understatement of the century. Her face had a bright glow to it and she seemed beyond lost all of a sudden. Our hands both dropped and she set to preparing the food. Holly soon appeared and we all got cooking. When Jessie revealed some beautiful french wine i really began to enjoy myself.

Although, i constantly wondered what Jessie was going to say to me exactly. The thought teasing at the back of my mind. I figured i'd just ask her later.

We ate, drank and laughed. Within no time jessie's driver was here with all the luggage and her bus was here to drive us back to London.

"As they say; time flies when you're having fun!" I mimicked as Jessie and i headed for the car, hand in hand.

"I get the feeling we'll be having a lot more fun on that bus though..." Jessie whispered, chewing at her bottom lip. How did she mean that? I felt a tingling sensation travel throughout my body as certain thoughts crossed my mind.

"Last one back to the bus is a rotten egg!" She squealed childishly, releasing my hand from her grip and racing toward the bus.

I sighed before doing a half jog-half speed walk type of thing. When i finally reached the bus Jessie was leant up against the bus, watching me as i walked towards her.