38

Chapter ThirtyEight ~ killing my fiancee

~This is for @jessieslays (her twitter acc)
You better love me for updating again so soon😂~

"JESS!" I sat bolt up right, my eyes wide and sore. I scanned my surroundings trying to figure out where I was. I was still outside Jessie's house.

"Chloe?" One voice spoke. "I think you passed out Chloe." Came another. "Should we call an ambulance?" Another.

"No!" I blurted, my hand darting out to silence the voice. "No, I'm alright." I assured them. It was a pathetic attempt- clearly I was not alright. I must've looked like I'd been smoking a joint.

"You're right. I can't leave Jessie." I murmured. How could I run and leave Jessie to fend for herself? I'd have to tell her. I'd tell her and we'd run. She had body guards, she had private jets. We could flee the country and get the police to stop Melanie, Vincent and my sick, sick brother. Surely they'd be arrested on the spot? But there would be no evidence. The motive is hard too believe and it'd be my word against their three. They'd never be arrested. Shit.

"Is Jessie alright?" One voice asked hesitantly. I groaned long and hard.

"I think you should all go home. Your support means the world to Jessie. I promise you all." I spoke seriously. "She knows you all support her and she is beyond grateful. I hope you all understand that. But, you ought to leave. Jessie and I have some serious things to fix."

"Are you breaking up?" The purple haired girl asked. I shook my head in despair.

"I can assure you that I love Jessie." I smiled genuinely, thinking back to cornwall. Thinking about our pathetic little tiff on the beach. I thought about falling asleep in her arms on the tour bus. I remembered the little girl that confessed her love for her at Eden. I thought back to our first meeting. She helped me get to Tesco. Right from that moment I knew there was something about her.

"Aslong as you're both happy. Give Jessie our love." The purple haired girl interrupted my thoughts. A couple of them helped me up from the pavement. I thanked them for catching my fall as I fainted and they began to disperse. I gathered my phone and the pulls from the ground and entered the code opening the gates. The stupid fucking gates. I began to walk up the drive. I quickly came to a halt and turned on my heel when I heard Jessie screech my name. I shoved the pills in my pocket and raced toward her.

"God, Chlo!" She whaled, gripping my arms far too tight and pulling me against her. She held me as close as she possibly could. "God, God, God." She continued to shout. I could sense the frustration emanating from her. She screeched something incoherently before stamping her feet and pushing me away from her.

"My God I love you." She breathed, I barely even caught it. She began to shake her head over and over. "Fuck sake I should have told you. I should have fucking told you. Why didn't I tell you?" She began to pace back and forth waving her arms around in distress. She was so absorbed in her own frustration, she hadn't even noticed me silently crying before her. Eventually our eyes met and her face fell. I could almost feel her heart fall along with her face. She grabbed my shoulders, which were now shaking violently and pulled me in tight once more. This time she held me with much less force. She was gentle as she rubbed my back soothingly.

"Come on, not out here." She whispered, leading me inside. Once we were inside the house she led me upstairs. Not before securing the lock on the door and checking twice. Paranoia.

"Sit." She told me, placing me on the bed. She pushed my shoulders down, only causing me to sob more violently as i thought back to how Vincent had pushed me to the ground. Jessie went rummaging through her drawers. I attempted to take deep, calming and controlling breaths. Eventually I began to calm a little. Jessie knelt at my feet with the shoe box. The shoe box that I'd discovered hidden in her underwear drawer.