20

Chapter Twenty-pants.

"To meet me?" I failed to suppress the surprised tone in my voice. My mouth fell open slightly as she nodded in response.

"I-um-when?" I question, shakily, and scared of her answer. What if she wanted to see us soon? Now even? I needed time to prepare.

"She suggested tonight. But we don't have to? Tomorrow?" She asked. Oh no. I couldn't bare the thought. So many things that could go wrong. So wrong. I couldn't face speaking to her parents, who knows what would happen?

"Why don't you want to meet her, Chlo?" She sighed, it was more than obvious that i was petrified.

"I'm not good with parents." I frown. I open my mouth to elaborate, but stop myself. I crossed my legs and gazed down at the pool.

"Please, tell me why.." She begged, hesitantly. She moved her hand, placing it on top of mine. She was trying to comfort me. Only, it made me even more nervous. I slouched down, timidly. Hoping for the world to swallow me up. Praying even. She looked at me, her glistening green eyes. Pleading with my heart. Tugging at those imaginary strings. I could feel tears springing to my eyes. I wanted to tell her, i trusted her.

"Its just, things that happened between my parents and me. I'm convinced i'm to blame. I don't want to cause problems in your family. The things you've told me about your parents, they seem so happy. What if i jeopardised their happiness? Jess, i'm just scared" I explained. I sighed with relief, what i had told her, it was not too detailed. But, surely now she could partly understand why i was so fearful.

"Aw baby" she half smiled. She brought her hand to her face, rubbing at her nose, like a small child. A smile spread across my face, seeing how cute she was.

"There's nothing to be scared of. I know for a fact my parents will love you. You'll get on great with my dad. You remind me of him." She beamed at me, leaning her chin on my shoulder.

"Don't be scared. I promise, i won't let anything bad happen." Jess whispered, directly into my ear. I turned to see her adorable face, still smiling. I kissed her forehead, then her nose, then her lips. I paused for a second, my lips lingering, so close to hers. Then i pecked them once more.

"Lets do it tonight then." I spoke, boldly. I was surprised at myself even. Jessie's smile spread, ear to ear. Like a child on christmas morning.

"Really?!" Her head shot up.

"Yes, beautiful. Do it quick, before i change my mind." I confirmed. Jessie smirked. Clearly she didnt realise i was being fully serious.

Jessie called her mum back, asking her and Jessie's dad round for dinner tonight at her place. As soon as she put the phone down, she set off to her bedroom to decide what to wear. She seemed beyond excited by the whole situation, i however, was beginning to regret agreeing to the whole thing.

"Number one..... Or number two....." She momentarily interrupted my thoughts. Holding two coat hangers below her chin, shaking them before, smiling. They were both dresses. Surely she was going slightly over the top? All i had on were leggings. She didn't need all of this, just to introduce me to her parents. Especially if her parents didn't like me. It wouldn't be a long event.

"Number one" i smiled, pointing to the black body con dress. It was simple, but gorgeous. The whole thing was plain black fabric apart from the sides, which had been cut out and replaced with a leather-like material. It was tight, which looked more than good to me.

"Hmm, i'll try it on" she said, eyeing up the piece.

"You don't sound convinced?" I asked. Jessie shook her head. I stood up, from her bed and made my way over to her.