46

Chapter forty six- more and more lies.

Oreos. Yes, that's right. Oreos covered Rose and Stephen's hall way floor. A trail of the small chocolate biscuit, leading in to the kitchen.

"Have you been drinking?" I eyed Jessie suspiciously as she tried to gage my reaction. She bit her lip and shook her head.

"I would've used rose petals, but we had none, and I know how much you like your oreos." She smirked. It was true, I liked oreos.

"Come on." She led me down the hall toward the kitchen. I tip-toed carefully through the darkness, trying desperately to avoid stepping on an oreo. She paused for a second at the kitchen door, she seemed hesitant. Then she quickly pulled me inside.

"Happy Birthday Chlo."

I gasped, loudly. "Shit, I forgot." I breathed.

"You forgot your own birthday?" She asked wide eyed.

"Well, I was distracted I just completely, I don't know." I shook my head. "This is all for me?" My hand flew to my chest and my fist gripped the material.

"Go on, go and open them." She nodded her head in the direction of the small pile of presents laid out across the kitchen table. Balloons were tied to the chairs and a banners were pinned around the room. Jessie had clearly made an effort here, which meant I'd have to make an effort too. I'd have to be grateful, even if I hated my birthday.

"Come on." She laced her fingers through mine and pulled me to a chair and sat me down. "I'm not sure whether you'll like all of them. But, well, just open them." She smiled eagerly.

"When did you buy all these?" I asked, shocked that I had no idea.

"I ordered most of them while we were away. They were all delivered here. My mum and I wrapped them all while you were sleeping." She smiled shyly and her face began to turn a light shade of red. She was blushing.

I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her hair, then her cheek, then her lips. "Start with the big ones." She passed me a box. I guessed it was a shoe box. With Jessie on my knee and my arms around her, I began to tear the wrapping paper. Instead of watching me open the present, she watched my face. My eyes lit up when I saw the 'converse' logo on the shoe box.

"I know how much you love your converse, and a girl can never have too many pairs." She opened the box, to reveal a pair of denim-effect hi-top converse. I examined the shoes, smiling brightly. "Look." Jessie pointed to the back of the shoe. They were personalised and the right shoe read: Converse are the way to Chlo's heart. I grabbed the second shoe and read the back: and oreos.

I laughed loudly. "You know me well." I pressed my forehead against Jessie's and she smiled with pride.

"This one next." She grabbed another present and placed it in my hand.

"You realise it's bad luck to put new shoes on a table?" I wiggled my eyebrows at Jessie as I began to open the present. She gasped and quickly put the converse on the floor, which simply caused me to laugh again. She was far too superstitious and it never failed to make me laugh.

when I finally broke through the wrapping, I pulled out a large purple t-shirt. This was also personalised, the front of the shirt read: Number One Jessie J Fan.

"Read the back" Jessie smirked, watching me closely again. I turned it around and burst into a fit of laughter. On the back of the shirt was a picture of Jessie looking rather goofy with her thumbs up.

"I don't actually have to wear this in public do I?" I laughed, swatting Jessie with the tshirt.

"Of course! Free advertising!" She scoffed grabbing the top and pushing it over my head. I pushed my arms through the holes and grabbed Jessie's sides and pulled her close. So close I could feel her breath hit mine.