41

Chapter FourtyOne- New Hope

~basically i found out my story can't be seen on the discovery bar because it is 'restricted'. It contains too much sex and violence so it's restricted😑~

"No need to panic. Just some bad turbulence. Sit tight, we'll be through the worst of it soon." Mark was right, it was definitely some bad turbulence. There were some very strange noises around us and it felt asthough we were driving over a row of speed bumps. Jessie kept silent the entire time, twiddling her hair- indicating that she was rather nervous. I wanted to hold her hand but she'd probably bite it off. I'd been so fucking stupid.

I clenched my eyes shut whilst rubbing at my forehead.

"Dinner, ladies." Came the innocent, squeaky voice of the air hostess.

"Oh, no thanks. I'm not hungry." I held my hand up, flashing her an apologetic look. I wasn't hungry, and plane food was always disgusting anyway. Jessie snatched the tray from the poor woman and put it in my lap.

"You'll eat it." She ordered, sternly. There was no arguing with that. I sighed, thanked the lady and began to poke my chicken and mushroom pie.

I tried a mouthful, but came close to spitting it out. Eventually, I pushed the tray onto the fold up table attached to the back of the seat in front, and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"You like chicken." She stated flatly. I nodded, although she knew I loved chicken. "Then why haven't you eaten it?" I could feel her glare burning in to the side of my face as I kept my gaze focused on my knee caps.

"I don't understand why you aren't eating." She sighed. "There's clearly an issue here. You keep fucking avoiding it. It won't get better unless you talk about it."

"I really think my eating habits are the least of our worries right now, Jessica." I scoffed, shuffling away from her and watched the clouds pass outside the window.

"Oh, so I'm Jessica now?"

"Well apparently I'm Chloe." How could she even... Hypocrite! She knew exactly how much it hurt to be called Chloe. I was close to changing my name completely. It fell silent after that, another awkward once again. She probably couldn't be bothered.

"It's your birthday next week." She mumbled, breaking the silence. Now she was trying to make small talk. What happened to angry Jessie? I preferred her.

"I'm surprised you remembered." I muttered. As soon as I realised that I'd actually spoke aloud I turned to apologise. But, Jessie was already up and walking away. I'd pushed her even further away. Great. I lent against the side of the plane and quickly fell back asleep. Desperate to escape real life, yet again.

I was rudely awoken by Mark clearing his throat. "Miss Cornish has requested that I wake you and escort you to the car."

"Oh, is Miss Cornish too busy to wake me herself?" I grumbled sleepily. Lifting my bag down and following Mark. "Sorry. I know you're just doing your job." I apologised as he led me off the plane. The warm air instantly hit me. Suddenly I felt revitalised and strangely satisfied. My mood lifted immediately.

"Apology accepted. Between you and I, I know Jess-uh-Miss Cornish, can be a pain in the back side sometimes." He chuckled to himself. Holding open the car door.

"You have no idea." I giggled before hurling myself in and finding myself sat next to a grumpy, awaiting Jessie.

"Took your time." She mumbled under her breath. I chose to be the bigger person and ignore her remark. We set off with a large SUV following us closely behind. In the front of the car were two large, muscly type guys. I presumed these would be one of the five security guys.