Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17:

The whole day Rae just spent her time playing with Zeus. He just made her so happy, something she had struggled with after her best friend's death.

Zeus was resting at the edge of her bed as she called Justin.

She waited for him to answer while her heart started beating faster and faster with each ring.

Rae felt like she waited for hours, until finally, she heard his soft, beautiful voice, making her heart drop in her chest.

"Hello Rae."

For a moment, she had forgotten how to speak. Literally, forgot every single thing. She couldn't even remember why she called.

"Rae? Are you alright?"

Rae quickly hung up the phone and just laid her head against the wall, groaning.

You are such an idiot!

She decided to text him since she had no idea how to speak anymore..

Rae: Sorry I called and didn't speak idk wth happened to me but I wanted to say thank you for getting me Zeus. I'm guessing you read thru my mind to find out what I wanted most huh? Haha that's all I wanted to say, thank you again, I'll see you soon?

She my phone down and groaned again.

Why can't you be normal? I mean, the kid loves you and you can't even get up the guts to talk to him!

Shh.. It's difficult! He's- I mean, have you seen him?! He's perfection.. Way too good for me..

Of course he is, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to talk to him!

Man, fuck you. Leave me alone..

"Zeus," as soon as he heard Rae's voice, he got up and walked towards her. He rubbed his head against her and licked her cheek.

"Why can't I be normal around Justin, Zeus? He loves me, but I don't even know why? Like, he's way too good for me and well here he is.. With me. It just doesn't make any sense."

Zeus just snuggled up to Rae and whined, "I love you, baby boy.."

Rae's phone vibrated and Zeus' ears lifted up. She smiled and looked at the message.

As she saw Justin's name, her heart,  once again, sank.

The message read:

Justin: hahah it's no problem bby girl. I guess you haven't gotten used to me yet? but you're welcome. I did pick thru your brain, I was hoping you didn't mind. I just wanted to make your life a little better, a little more happier. I looked to see what things made you most happiest and I saw Zeus. I will see you soon, promise.

Rae: I don't mind, but I'm a bit curious, what else did you see in my head..?

She rubbed Zeus' head and smiled at him, "I love you Zeus, I really needed you."

Justin: how you found your friend, and also saw your bullied years.. I'm so sorry Rae, I just couldn't pull away from that, the emotions to it were too strong..

Rae ran her hand through her hair and sighed. she knew he would see something like that..

Rae: It's okay. I'm sorry you had to witness all of that, I try to keep that hidden deep under..

Rae got off the bed and Zeus just stared at her as she walked back and forth, pacing herself.

How could I keep all those memories hidden from him? Or hide anything from him? Is that even possible to do? I mean, he has all this power and I'm just here, normal teenager with nothing but memories..

Her phone vibrated again and she looked at it as she rubbed Zeus' head again.

Justin: No, no. Hiding things isn't good for you humans, it causes major stress that builds up. You can't do that. I won't look into your mind, unless you want me to, I promise.

She half smiled.

Rae: okay thank you. I love you .-.

Justin: you finally said you loved me.. (:

Rae: I've always loved you, it was just hard to actually tell you..

Justin: I'm glad you did, I love you. I'll see you next week, I promise. I'm going to come back there for you.

Rae smiled big and felt tears in her eyes.

Rae: You have no idea how many times I imagined something like this to happen to me, and now look at this, this is real, isn't it?

She got back into bed and smiled big as Zeus came over to her. He got on her stomach again, and started getting comfortable as he laid down.

He let out a soft bark and closed his eyes, "I love you too."

Justin: Yes, this is all completely real x

Rae didn't know what time she had fallen asleep, but it felt like it was at least 11 pm.

The last thing she read from Justin was,

Goodnight beautiful, sweet dreams. I'll be with you in no time, I love you.