Chapter Fifty-Eight

Chapter 58:

* Jai's Point of View *

Rae decided to go down into the tunnels alone, of course the dog and Jai protested, but she is one stubborn girl.

"I can't believe you let her go." Dylan said to Jai as he paced back and fourth.

Jai sat on the edge of The Headlines looking out over the bay. There were a couple people around, looking at him in panic (since he was at the ledge) but they carried on with taking pictures.

Jai rolled his eyes, though Dylan couldn't see him, and said, "she would have found a way to go anyway, and you know that." Jai sneered.

Dylan stopped pacing and walked over to him, "we are supernatural creatures and she is a fucking human!" He whispered so only Jai could hear him.

Jai turned to face Dylan and he stood up, "she would still find a way." He said again.

They stood there, glaring at each other, both growling lightly and hissing.

"Whoa, gentlemen, is there a problem here?" One of the guys that were here, looking at the view, said as he walked over to them.

"Act like we weren't trying to kill each other just now." Dylan sneered.

Jai took a deep breath and they both turned over to the guy. He put on a fake smile and nodded, "yeah, everything is good. We just had a small argument, right buddy?"

Dylan turned to him and faked a smile and nodded as he put his arm around Jai. He tensed up but he shook that off faster than the human could notice, "yeah, definitely. We're all good now."

The guy smiled at them and nodded.

They honestly couldn't believe that guy bought that.. Then again, he's just a mindless human.

"Alright, well, it's good that you guys are good now. Sorry to interrupt." The man said as he started walking back to his family.

"It's no problem," They both said together.

They both watched him leave and Jai steadily said, through his teeth, "take. your. goddamn. arm. off. me. now."

Dylan smiled big and turned his head to look at him, "what? I thought we were buddies, Jaiden." He said in a mocking tone.

"Fuck off!" He whispered loud enough for him to hear. Dylan laughed for a moment, then his expression changed completely.

"Look, Jeremy is kind of like my dad-" He started to say.

Jai looked over at him in disbelief. How dare he bring up his father, by saying that he is his father too!

"He is not your father, mutt!" Jai yelled out.

Dylan narrower his eyes and said, "I said he was like my father! I never said he was. You didn't let me finish what I was going to say, and by the way, I have been there with him much longer than you have."

Jai glared at him, "I have no interest in what you were going to say! Also, that is not my fault!" He spat out.

Dylan rolled his eyes, "whatever. You've been a shit person, well a shit vampire, all your life, from what I heard. I don't think you deserved to see any of your family members alive."

That set Jai off.

Jai balled up his fists up and ran to attack Dylan. He looked over at Jai, just as he was about to punch him. He dodged the punch and growled, then swung his fist to Jai's face.

Jai dodged his punch as well. They were throwing punches at other, at human speed, so the people around wouldn't suspect differently.

A couple people gasped as they saw them fight, but none of them even tried to call the cops.

"Hey!" A man yelled out as he ran towards them.

Jai had Dylan pinned on the ground, with his hands around his neck.

"I could break your fucking neck right now, do you know that?" Jai angrily said through his teeth, as he tightened his grip around Dylan's neck.

The man finally reached them and tried to pull him off of Dylan.

"Let go of that boys neck, son." He said as he grabbed his wrists.

Jai tightened his grip once more as Dylan struggled to get free, then let the man think he was strong enough to remove his hands from Dylan's neck.

He pulled Jai away from Dylan, as another man came and held him back from going towards Dylan again.

Dylan glared at him, then looked at the man, reassuring him that he was fine.

The man in front of Jai kept asking him why they started the fight. He finally stopped glaring at Dylan and turned to look at the man and said, "it was a personal thing. I'm over it now."

The man didn't seem too convinced that he was over it though, but Jai didn't care. He just hoped he would stop asking questions before he snapped, again.

The man by Dylan nodded towards him and walked to Jai and the other man.

"I better not see you two rotten teenagers fight here again. You're setting a very bad reputation for the people that live around here, do you understand?" He sternly asked.

Jai glared at the man.
He actually believed that he was superior over him? This pathetic old man thought that he was in completely control over this situation.. Little does he know that Jai could rip his head off as fast as he could blink..

Through his teeth, Jai said, "of course, sir."

He nodded and then left with the other man that was with Jai.

He looked over at Dylan and he just glared at him, "you know, if it wasn't for Rae, I would kill you right now." He said as he went to go sit on a rock.

Jai rolled his eyes and turned the other way, to look at the bridge.

"Same goes to you, mutt." Jai hissed.

* A/N: Hiiiii. I'm really hoping you guys like the story so far ☺️ I'm going to write two more chapters, then it will, finally, be completed. YAY. Just thought I'd let you guys know. I love y'all 💜