Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter 52:

"They're waiting for us." Jai said quietly, as he got closer.

He slowed down to a walk and said, "I'm not here to attack you, or terrorize you."

Dylan growled, "then why are you here, bloodsucker?"

Rae slid off Jai's back and walked towards them, smiling. When Dylan saw her, his whole expression changed.

"Rae!"

Rae ran into his arms and he lifted her up, giving her a tight squeeze.

"Dylan, I'm so glad you're okay!" She said as he put her down.

"Glad I'm okay? I was so worried about you! I thought-I thought he killed you.." He pointed at Jai, and glared at him.

"It looked that way to you, mutt, but I actually saved her life." Jai said crossing his arms.

Dylan growled and so did Melanie.

Rae looked at them and half smiled, "umm.. He actually did save my life. Could you guys not hate each other? Jai is helping me-"

"Jai?" Dylan yelled out, "the vampire who basically drained you of your blood, just so he could be powerful?!"

Rae bit her lip and looked away from him.

"Rae, this is the vamp who-Rae, what are you doing with him?!" Melanie yelled out.

"I'm helping her find her boyfriend, you filthy animals!" Jai yelled out, feeling offensive.

Dylan and Melanie growled at him, while Jai hissed back. Rae quickly got in between them and yelled out, "okay, enough! All three of you, stop this, right now!"

Rae turned to look at Dylan and Melanie, "you two, stop. I know what he did was horrible and I shouldn't trust him, but I do. He's helping me find Justin, and helping me rescue him! I need him, and I need you, Dylan. I can't have both of you assist me, if you're just going to try to kill each other!"

"Why the hell do you need him? I could help you all on my own." Dylan said.

Jai rolled his eyes, "she needs me because I am hundreds of years older than you and I have more experiences with these witches."

Dylan didn't say anything. He just kept glaring at Jai. All of their attention turned towards the small cabin, when Jeremy walked out of.

Rae was late in seeing him, since she was a slow human.

"What is going on out here?" He asked. When he saw Jai, his eyes widened. Jai wasn't phase by Jeremy, but Jeremy sure as hell was.

Jeremy kept studying Jai, as if he was trying to figure out if he'd seen him before.

"What the hell are you staring at?!" Jai yelled out annoyed.

"Jai!" Rae yelled back.

She looked back at Jeremy and was about to apologize, but before she could, he asked, "Jai? What is your full name?"

Jai glared at him and snarled, "why the hell does it matter?!"

"Just tell me." Jeremy demanded. The power in his voice sent chills down her spine.

"Jaiden. Jaiden Valdez Rivers." Jai said sternly.

Jeremy's eyes widened and she saw tears start to form in his eyes. "Oh my god, Jaiden-Jaiden, you're alive.."

"What the fuck is going on?" Jai said confused.

"Jeremy, you know this boy?" Melanie asked surprised.

Jeremy took a step closer to Jai, but Jai backed away. He was ready to fight Jeremy, if he had to.

"Yes, he's-oh my god, he's my son." Jeremy said as he started to sob quietly.

Jai's eyes widened and he stared at Jeremy, trying to process what he had just said.

Rae looked at Jeremy and studied his features, then she looked at Jai for a while, while he had his eyes glued on Jeremy.

Rae covered her mouth with her hands as she gasped, "oh my god.."

Jai seemed to have recognized the same resemblance as she did, because he fell to his knees and shakily asked, "dad?"

Dylan and Melanie were completely shocked. Neither of them knew what to do, or what to say, so they just stayed quiet the whole time and watched them.

Jeremy walked towards his son and picked him up to his feet, so Jai was standing right front of him.

"My boy, you're alive!" He cried out with joy.

He embraced Jai in a tight hug which Jai quickly returned.

Rae had never seen two vampires cry so hard in her life. She didn't even know they could cry..