Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter 49:

Rae woke up in the room where Jai let her stay in, after being chained up in the basement. Sh slowly sat up and groaned as she rubbed the side of her neck. He didn't remember much of when she passed out, but the dream sh me had made it seem like it turned out to be real.

"You're finally awake." Jai said as he walked into the room.

She looked over at him and nodded, "yeah, how long have I been out?"

"A couple days.. I thought-thought the vial of liquid I gave you, killed you.." He said as he looked down.

She bit her lip and looked away from him, "how did you find me?" She finally asked.

"I followed your scent. It was hard to follow for a while, since the stench of dog was covering yours, but I figured a werewolf found you, so I took a chance and followed his scent."

"Dylan.. Is he-is he okay?"

"The dog? He's fine. I guess he went home, after I took you."

"Thank you for saving me.." She said quietly.

"I woundn't have had to save you, if you hadn't runaway.." He mumbled.

"Look, Jai. You had me chained up, then had me hooked to an IV, so you could drain my blood, to get power. Of course, I ran away. I was so scared, I didn't want to die!" She half yelled.

"I'm sorry, okay? I won't take anymore of your blood. I have enough already.."

She shook her head and sat up, "Jai, you don't need to be powerful-"

"I need to avenge my family, Rae!" He yelled out.

She flinched and looked away from him.

You're in grave danger.. A voice echoed all around her.

She looked all around her, frantically, to try to find the voice, but her and Jai were the only ones in the room.

"Rae?" He asked.

Justin is in grave danger, find him. But beware the one named Lana. You have been warned, Raelene..

Her eyes widened and sh looked at Jai, "didn't you hear that?!" She yelled out.

"Hear, what?" He asked confused.

"That voice! The voice who told me that I have to find Justin!"

"Rae, no one said anything.. We're the only ones here." He said sympathetically.

Behind Jai, she saw a dark, ghostly figure of a woman. The same one she saw in her room, before she left to hang out at Jai's house.

She stared at Rae and said "find him, Raelene, find him, find him, find him.."

She drifted away and Rae stared at that spot, tears filling her eyes.

"I have to find Justin, Jai. Please," she begged as she looked at him, "I'm going to need your help.."

Jai stared into her teary eyes and sighed as he shook his head, "fine, fine. I'll help you."