Chapter Six

Chapter 6:

Rae stared at the note for a long time, rereading it until she was blinded by her tears.

She still couldn't get over the fact that her best friend never told her that she had cancer..

How did I not notice that? I should have known something was wrong with her!

But you didn't.. A part of her said.

Livi really was a good actor. She was so good at keeping secrets.

Rae was mad at Livi for not telling her, but she didn't want to be. She just lost her best friend, how could she be mad?

Rae laid back on her bed and just stared at the ceiling as tears slide down the side of her face.

She heard a little knock on the door, followed by her mom's sweet, pain filled voice.

"Rae? Baby, are you okay?"

Rae didn't answer. She just kept starring at the ceiling.

She was hoping her mom would just get the point that she just didn't want to talk about this. At least not yet.

"Rae, I know you don't want to talk, but just make some type of noise or movement, telling me you're there and okay.."

Rae turned around in her bed and said, "I'm alright mom. I'm just-I just need to be alone for a bit. I'll come down stairs when I'm ready.."

Sh knew that her mom heard the pain in her voice, "okay, I'm going to call the school and tell them you won't be able to go take-"

"no!" Rae yelled as she sat up in bed. "No, I want to go to school and take my final. It's only one class and I need to take it, please mom."

Her mom was quiet for a while. "Okay. Just-be careful."

Rae heard her walk away, so she laid back down.

Rae really hoped nobody would give her shit tomorrow or she would probably snap..