Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter 35:

Rae got off the couch and straighten out her clothes. She walked over to Steven and tripped over her own feet, thankfully he caught Rae.

"Whoa, are you okay?" He asked.

Rae blushed and nodded, pulling away from his grasp. "Yeah, th-thank you. I-I just-I'm so nervous. I-I don't-I'm-"

"This is your first time doing a show?" He asked surprised.

"This is my first time being in front of the camera and a bunch of people just watching me.." She said quietly.

He narrowed his eyes, "seriously?"

She nodded.

"That's a bit unbelievable, you look like you belong on tv..." He looked away and cleared his throat. "Um.. I have to hook this mic on you, if you don't mind?"

"Um.. Not at all."

As he was putting the mic on her, she asked him, "why were you surprised when I told you this was my first time doing all of this? And that I look like I belong on tv?"

As he finished, she noticed his cheeks turn a slight pink.

He was cute, had such a baby face, but also a mans face. He looked like he could be in his early 20s.

"You just-you look very.. Uh pretty. Like most girls who are on tv shows and stuff.."

"Oh." Was all she said.

"Yeahh.. Well, you're going to be on in 2 minutes, we should get going." He said as he opened the door.

Her eyes widened and her stomach started to churn.

"Okay.." She barely whispered.

They walked out of the room to the very back of the stage.

"So, when this door slides open, just walk down to where Justin and Samantha are, they will be on your left. Oh, and don't forget to smile and wave at the audience."

She nodded.

"You'll do great, don't be nervous. Good luck." He said smiling.

She smiled at him, "thank you."

"You're welcome."

Rae stood in front of the sliding doors and waited for them to open.

Why am I so nervous? I should be happy to be introduce to the world, shouldn't I?

Yes, you should. Her conscience said.

Then why aren't I?

Rae's eyes widened when she heard Samantha's voice, "Justin, please introduce to us, your lovely guest."

Rae heard Justin laugh, "gladly. Everyone, I'd like you all to give a warm welcome to my beautiful girlfriend, Rae Carson!"

Rae's whole body felt heated and shaky. Her heart was racing and she felt frozen in that moment.

The doors started to open and everything around her seemed to go in slow motion. They couldn't see her yet, so she took one deep calming breath and put on a smile.

As she walked onto the red stage, she heard some cheers.

She smiled more at the audience and waved.

She walked towards Justin and Samantha as they both stood up to greet her.

"Hi, love." Justin said as he hugged and kissed her cheek.