Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter 44:

Rae turned back to look at Dylan one last time and regretted it immediately.

The look on his face killed her as her hand reached the handle.

She quickly looked back to the door, tears running down her face. As soon as she opened it, she was dragged out of the store by a vampire.

She covered her face with my hands and screamed out. The woman threw her to the ground.

Once she sat up, she saw werewolves, vampires and witches surrounding her.

She took a deep breath and faced them all. She couldn't let them see how terrified she was with them being in front her, so she tried her hardest to look as tough as she could.

One of the vampires smirked while another one laughed as she glared at them.

"Oh honey, you aren't fooling anyone here with your tough girl act!" A woman said.

"Of course she isn't," another said, "she has fear radiating all over her body!"

They all laughed and she stood up.

"I can take you guys, I'm strong, I have been getting stronger!"

They looked at each other and again laughed.

"So, how should we kill her? Slow and painful or quick and painless, because I am down for both!" A male witch said.

The vampires and werewolves looked at him and growled.

"She dies a slow and painful way. Quick and painless is never fun."

She knew that voice..

She looked around and her eyes landed on Jai. He was wearing a black hoodie and dark blue jeans.

He looked at her in a disapproving way, as if telling her that she shouldn't have ran away.

"Slow and painful, of course! So who starts?"

Jai looked at her, directly in the eyes and said. "I will."

She gulped and shook her head, "No J-"

"Silence!" He yelled out.

Rae jumped and took a small step back. He is really going to kill her..

"I am going to need all of your torturing instruments, so I can get this started."

Everyone whispered around and just stood there.

"Now!" Jai yelled again. This time they all moved quickly to their houses and the stores.

Rae looked at him with a pleading expression.

"I'm sorry I left, I'm sorry. Please don't-don't kill me!"

I won't.. I'm trying to save your life. Now, scream as if your life was in danger after you drink this liquid..

Her eyes widened as she heard his voice in her head.

He handed her a small, turquoise bottle and narrowed his eyes, as she stared at him with a confused expression.

Fucking drink it, Rae. You need to hurry. The drink will make it seem like you did died, even to all these supernatural!

With her shaky hands, she lifted up the bottle quickly and swallowed the fruity tasting drink.

In that moment, she felt extremely lightheaded. She tried to scream, but it wasn't coming out.

Jai looked around him and panicked, "shit" he said quietly.

She saw him rush towards her, then stuck his fangs at the side of her neck. Her eyes widened again and She screamed.

The screamed died out as she was closing her eyes. The last thing she saw were vampires, witches and werewolves jumping with joy..