Chapter Fifty

A/N: just a heads up, I'm bringing a Greek Goddess in this part, because why not? Lol okay that's all I really wanted to say😊

Chapter 50:

It took a day for Rae to recover from the vial Jai gave her, but once she was well enough to travel, Jai gathered a couple things he needed and they took off.

The first thing they went to get, were clothes. She grabbed two pairs of skinny jeans, three v-neck shirts, three long sleeves, one light sweater, and a really warm sweater.

She walked out of the shop with Jai and looked at him, "so, how do we find Justin?" She asked.

"I could track him by scent, but I think his scent is gone from you..."

Rae closed her eyes in frustration, "what's another way to find him? There must be another way!"

When she opened her eyes again, she was standing on an island. She narrowed her eyes and looked all around, but there was no one near. It was completely isolated, besides a small hut just a couple of feet away.

"Jai?" She called out.

Her voice sounded like a little echo.

"Jai?" She called out again, but the only sound made, was the sound of the waves crashing on the sand.

Still confused, She walked toward to hut, cautiously. She was ready to fight whatever was in there, if she had to.

Rae opened the door slowly, and called out, "hello? Is anyone in here?"

She took a step in, and heard a woman say, "oh, yes! Come on in, my dear."

As soon as she saw the woman, her eyes widened. This woman looked like a goddess.

Although she didn't have make up on, her features were so strong. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown, her lips looked full and soft. Her charcoal black hair, was long, and perfectly curled.

The way her long, turquoise dress fit her body, was amazing. It complemented ever curve she had, perfectly.

She started to feel very attracted towards her, which was a strange feeling, since Rae has never found a girl attractive, in this way. But this woman, wow, she was definitely not like any girl Rae has ever seen.

"Uhh.. Hi, I'm-"

She smiled at Rae and she felt my legs get weak. Her smile was the most beautiful thing she has ever seen in her life.

"Rae Carson. I know who you are."

Rae stared at her, dumbfounded.

"You may not recognize me, but I've been the one watching over you."

Realization hit her, "You're the black ghostly woman.." She said slowly.

It wasn't a question, but she nodded anyway. "Yes, I am. In your world, that's how I look. But in my world, this is my state of being. Your best friend, Livi Payne, has moved on to a much better place, called Elysium. I sent her there, so she wouldn't have to worry about you. I promised I would watch over you, for her."

Her heart dropped as so as she mentioned Livi. "She-is she okay? Is she happy?" She managed to ask.

She smiled down at Rae and nodded, "she's very happy. She didn't want to leave you, but, like I said, I promised her."

Rae half smiled, "well at-at least she's happy."

The woman smiled down at Rae and nodded. Rae stared at her for a while, trying to figure out what she was, but she came up with nothing, so she asked, "what-what are you?"