Chapter Seven

Chapter 7:

The next morning, Rae woke up around 8. She really didn't want to get up and was surprised no one knocked on her door to wake her up.

Rae got up and walked into her bathroom to brushed her teeth and brush through her hair. She put on some mascara, then red lipstick.

She walked to her closet to look for something to wear as she took off her pjs. She put on a black long sleeve, along with dark blue skinny jeans, and black boots.

Rae put on her BELIEVE neckless and put her backpack over her shoulder as she walked down the stairs.

Nobody was home, but there were pancakes on a plate, along with a note.

It read,

"Rae, I decided I was going to take your brother to school so you would have the car ride all to yourself. We hope you have, at least, an okay day. We love you, good luck on your final.

- Liam and Mom"

Rae half smiled at the note and put it down.

Her test didn't start until 11 am, so she decided to go to Livi's house to see how Mr. And Mrs. Payne were doing.

Rae walked towards the car and noticed that Nina's boy toy was walking toward her.

Fucking great..

"Hey.. Um.. Rae.."

He didn't look up as he walked toward her.

"What do you want, James?"

He scratched the back of his neck and looked up at Rae. He looked like he wasn't sure why he was here.

"I um.. I-I wanted to see.. How you were-how you were doing.."

Rae narrowed her eyes. "Seriously James, why are you here? And why would you want to ask me how I'm doing? I'm doing just fine."

"I know about Livi.."

Rae stared at him for a while, in complete shock.

"H-how?" She managed to ask.

His eyes teared up a little. "Our parents, they've been friends for years. So have me and Livi.."

Her eyes quickly widened.

What? They've been friends for years? Then why the fuck did he always ignore Livi, and never fucking stood up for her when one of his friends said something to her?!

"I know what you must be thinking, 'why didn't I stand up to her or talk to her,' right?"

She stayed quiet.

"Well, I- we talked about that together. I told her I wouldn't be able to talk to her. She understood and agreed to not talk to me or get her feelings hurt, if my friends said something.."

Rae looked at him in disbelief. "How could you do that to her? Did you know she had cancer?"

He looked away from her, "yeah, I did.."