Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter 26:

A day or two days after going to Anthony's house with her mom and Liam, Rae went to her school to pick up her diploma.

It felt really strange driving into the parking lot, getting out of the car, and walking through the empty hallways.

She pushed the memories of her and Livi walking through here, laughing at some random jokes they came up with, and the bullying they went through.

She walked into the councilor's office and smiled at a secretary that she didn't recognize.

The secretary looked fairly young, maybe in her late 20's? She had perfectly curled blonde hair, fair white skin, and hazel eyes.

She looked up at Raeand smiled, "oh, hello. I wasn't expecting a student to come by today, how may I help you?"

Her voice was smooth and gentle.

"I came by to pick up my diploma, are you new here?" Rae asked in s friendly manner.

The woman nodded. "I am, I came here a day before graduation to see what the school was like and who I would be working with. I'm here getting ahead with everything so I can be prepared before school starts again."

Rae mouthed an "oohh".

"So you said you came by to pick up your diploma?" She asked.

Rae nodded.

"And your name is?"

"Rae Carson, um.. but I'm sure it will be under Raelene Torres.." Rae said uncomfortably.

Her head snapped as soon as Rae told her that her name was Raelene. She had this expression of bewilderment, mixed with shock.

"I'm sorry, did you say Raelene?" She asked confused.

"Uhh.. Yes, I did." Rae said suspiciously.

The woman looked back slowly, not really paying attention to the stack of diplomas on her desk.

"You just passed mine.." Rae said, a little bit uncomfortable.

"O-oh, I'm sorry. Here you go." The woman handed it to her quickly, and Rae noticed that her hand was shaking, and she looked extremely nervous.

"I-is there anything else I can do f-for you, Raelene?" She asked a buck taken back.

Rae lifted an eyebrow and stared at her, "uhh.. no. Thank you."

Rae quickly walked out of the office and before she left, she heard the woman dial someone's number quickly and say in a panicky voice, "you were right. She went to this school. She is still human. I have her records and where she lives-"

Rae narrowed her eyes and was about to go back in there, but everything in her body was telling her not to turn back and walk quickly to her car.

Rae listen to her intuition this time and basically ran to the car, turning it on, and driving back home.

That was really strange..

Who did she call and why the hell did they need to know that Rae was human still? Something about her reaction was a little off..

As soon as she got home, she opened the door and looked behind her, to see if anyone was there, and locked the door as she closed it.

"Mom?" She called out.

"She went to go babysit some lady's kid. I ordered pizza, it's on the counter." Liam called out.

"Okay, thanks." I called back.