Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter 39:

Rae knew she was dreaming when she woke up by this beautiful, glistening waterfall. The night sky was cleared of clouds and the stars seemed brighter then ever, but what really captured her attention, was the beautiful full moon that seemed fairly close.

She looked around her and smiled as she saw all these fireflies flying around each other, making this place more bright and breathtaking.

Rae giggled and just walked around, feeling the warm air against her bare arms. She enjoyed every moment of being here, because she knew once she woke up, she would be back to being chained up and miserable.

Rae laid down on the grass and stared up at the night sky.

This is perfect. She said to herself.

"It is such a perfect place to be in, isn't it?"

Rae narrowed her eyes and sat up. She looked around, but saw no one else here.

"Wow I must be losing it." She said out loud.

"You are not. I am here with you."

Her eyes widened as she turned towards the waterfall. Walking on the water was a non ghostly Livi. She didn't have mist or fog all around her and she didn't sound echoey. She looked normal, as if she never died.

"Livi?" Rae asked as she got up.

Livi smiled in her direction and nodded.

Rae ran to her and once she stepped onto the grass, she opened her arms to Rae and hugged her tightly.

"You have no idea how much I have missed your hugs Rae." Livi said laughing.

"Oh, Livi." She said as she cried.

"I-I can actually feel you, how?"

"Just-just hug me for now Rae, I need this."

Rae hugged her, tightly. They stayed like that for a while, crying and laughing at themselves until they let go.

"I've missed you so much, Liv."

"I know, I have missed you too, Rae."

They laid down on the grass close to each other and stared up at the bright, night sky. She couldn't help but ask this, it just came out.

"What is it like, to die?"

Rae didn't look at her, she was afraid that she offended her, especially because she stayed silent.

"Not pleasant. But afterlife isn't so bad, I hear. If you're not stuck on earth still."

"You're stuck here?"

"I am." She said softly.

Rae turned to look at her, still the sight of her was shocking.

"Why?"

She turned to face Rae and smiled, "to try to help my best friend get through all this craziness."

She stared at her, feeling guilty.

Rae was the reason Livi couldn't move on.bShe the reason Livi was still here, suffering..

"No, no, don't think about it like that. I chose to be here. The goddess of Night obviously gave me options to either leave or stay here, as a ghost to watch over you, so I stayed. I don't mean to scare you or anything, but she says that you were marked for death, by other vampires around the world. Jai and a few others want you alone, for your blood, but others see you as a threat and will come after you. But first, you need to get away from Jai, and I have a plan for you that the goddess gave me."