Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter 31:

*Rae's POV*

Rae blinked a couple times and turned around to face Justin, "you-you came back." She said breathlessly.

A rush of relief washed through her for a moment.

"I did," He said sternly, "I got here and saw Jai extremely close to you. How could you? You cheat on me with him, and here he is, again? How could you do this to me, Raelene? I love you, I haven't done anything to hurt you. Why did you feel the need to cheat on me? Why hurt me,!when all I can think about is you, while I'm away?"

The hurt in his voice destroyed Rae.

"I-I don't know, I don't know what came over me. We were just talking and he said something and I just- I just- I don't know. Nothing happened today, he just told me he wanted to see me because he missed me. I was going to tell him to leave but I-I don't remember what happened after that.." She said losing her train of thought.

She looked at him, hoping he would forgive her, or at least say something.

He didn't say anything, he just stared at her the whole time, observing.

She felt super self-conscience under his stare.

"Why-why are you staring at me?" She stutter.

He walked to her and grabbed her face in between his hands, as he asked, "have you take the vervain my father gave you a couple weeks ago?"

"No, I-I forgot to.." She said quietly.

He looked deep into her eyes, "will you be okay with me drinking your blood? I have to see something."

Her eyes widened and she felt fear race through her, "Uh.. I don't-"

"You don't trust me?" He asked.

"I do! I just- okay, just please don't hurt me too much?" She said unsure.

He nodded, "I have to take you somewhere isolated, somewhere no one will hear or walk in on us.."

She narrowed her eyes, "why?"

"Just trust me, okay?"

She just nodded after a moment.

He picked her up in his arms and started to run. As he ran, his speed increased, making it harder for Rae catch her breath.

"Ju-Justin I-" she started to say, but had to stop because she was desperately gasping for air.

Justin looked down at her and stopped right away, "Rae, are you okay?" He asked concerned.

She was catching her breath, trying to keep it steady.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." She managed to say.

He set her down and she looked around.

"We're here."

They were by a lake, she believe it was a couple miles away from where her home was.

"Okay, let's get started. I'm warning you now, it's going to feel very pleasurable, like we are actually making love." He said flatly.

"That's why you brought me here," she said breathlessly, "so no one-"

"so no one will hear our moans.." He finished for her.

She looked away from him and started to pace back and forth, "I-I don't know if I'm ready to-to go through that.." She mumbled.

"Please, I have to see something, something in your memory." He stated.