Chapter Ten

Chapter 10:

Rae ended up driving up to a near by camp, called China Camp. It was really beautiful, especially during a sunset.

She hadn't been to this camp in a while. There were so many memories, both good and bad, with an ex boyfriend of two years and family picnics.

Rae parked in an empty spot, turned off the car, and they both got out to sit on a bench.

They stared out into the lake, both listening to the wind whistle all around them. The silence between them was not awkward, not was it uncomfortable, it just felt really nice to just sit in silence with someone.

James finally turned to Rae and smiled.

She looked at him weird and said, "why are we here, James? "

He just stared at her smiling, he stayed like that for a while.

Rae looked away from him, blushing. She hated when people stared at her for a long period of time.

"I brought you here because it's peaceful and it's a great place to just chill and talk. I thought you might like it."

Rae turned to look at him, still blushing a little. "What do you want to talk about?"

He stayed quiet and looked down at his hands.

"Us."

She narrowed my eyes, "us? There's nothing to talk about. We're just friends."

He looked back at her with hope in his eyes.

"Are you sure that's all you want to be? Just friends?"

Rae nodded, "yes. I don't want to be in a relationship, especially not after my best friend-" She stopped myself mid sentence.

She couldn't even get herself to say it out loud, it felt completely wrong.

"I understand, so friends?"

Rae nodded.

He smiled, "friends... For now."

She rolled her eyes and giggled. "Whatever you say."

They stayed quiet again and gazed at their surroundings. The sun was shinning and there wasn't much wind. It was a picture perfect moment.

Suddenly, James started taking his shirt off. Rae's eyes widened and she looked away from him.

"James! What are you doing?" She exclaimed as she felt her cheeks start to burn up.

He laughed and starting taking off his jean shorts, "dude, put your clothes back on!" She yelled at him.

He just laughed and jumped into the water.

Rae laughed at him and called, "you're crazy!"

"Crazy for you, yes!"

"Oh shut up!"

He laughed and walked out of the water, heading towards Rae all soaking wet.

His beautiful, dripping, brown hair glistened in the sun. His hazel eyes sparkling, his smirk made her heart beat fast.

No. She can't think of him this way, she can't do that. Not now, even though she was pretty attracted to him, she can't..

Rae looked into his eyes and saw that he was leaning closer to her.

She didn't move, she didn't know what to do. She wanted to kiss him, but she can't just yet..

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer, still smirking.

He leaned closer.

If she wasn't going to kiss him, she'd have to act fast.

His lips were about to touch hers, when she quickly pulled away from him and squealed.

He starred at her confused, while she just laughed.

"You're all wet!" Rae yelled out.

He rolled his eyes and just shook his head laughing. "You're a dork, you know that?"

She nodded, "of course I do."

He laid on the ground and just stayed there. Rae hovered over his head, blocking the sun from his face.

He looked up at her and said, "do you mind? I'm trying to get dry over here."

She laughed and headed back to the car saying, "alright, but you better hurry up and dry before I leave you here."

He narrowed his eyes and used his elbows to support him as he stared back at her, "you wouldn't.."

She smirked, "I would."

Rae got into the car and turned it on, smirking as she looked over at him.

He stared at her, waiting to see if she would actually leave.

Rae backed the car up smiling. Then she heard him yell out, "you're actually leaving? Hold up! Don't leave me!"

She bursted out laughing and stopped the car as he ran to get in. He got in quickly putting his seat belt on.

"You were actually going to leave me, weren't you?"

Rae smiled sweetly and said in a very sarcastic, yet surprised voice, "me? Leave you here all alone with no signal and no ride home? Of course I wouldn't."

"Oh shut up." He said chuckling.

She drove him home and said, "you should come by my house tomorrow after your finals. I'm done with mine."

He smiled, "of course, I'll see you tomorrow."

He quickly leaned in and kissed her cheek. As he left, Rae felt her cheeks get hotter and hotter.

Why was this happening to her? She shouldn't be feeling this way about him.. He was Liv's best friend! She can't have feelings for him or get this feeling ever again. She can't do that to her..

What if she liked him?

Nope, She was not going there. She won't like him, she won't date him, she won't be his girlfriend and she won't love him. She won't do it..

But what if it happens?