Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter 43:

It took Rae a few days to master that spell. She didn't know anyone, even humans, could use it, beside witches.

Of course, she got frustrated the first few times, but it started getting easier.

It is now Friday, September 20th. Melanie gave her black cargo pants, a beige, long sleeve crop top, beige Nikes, a black winter jacket, and a black beanie.

She quickly changed and met Dylan outside.

As soon as she got outside, Jeremy handed her a knife to put on the side of her boot, and handed her a small backpack.

She looked at it and he laughed.

"It's much bigger inside once you open it, trust me."

Rae smiled and thanked him.

She felt a nudge on her arm and when she turned around, her eyes widened.

There was a giant, light-brown wolf standing in front of her. He wasn't kidding when he said he would be like a horse.

She grinned and rubbed his head, he whined and tried to lick her.

Rae giggled and stepped back.

She looked at Jeremy, who was now standing by Melanie.

"He doesn't have any human instincts right now, he is a fully trained animal. He won't turn back human, until you need him to." Melanie said.

"Makes sense." She said back.

"Okay," Jeremy said, "time for you to get going. Everything you need is in the backpack. Oh, and if you want to stop and rest, the tent is already set up, all you have to do is take it out and step back. Keep Dylan as a wolf, so you can keep warm, too."

Rae nodded and walked over to them, "thank you for helping and taking care of me. It really means a lot."

They both smiled.

"Thank you for helping us. Without you, I wouldn't have my husband at my side." Mel said as she snuggled closer to Jeremy.

Rae smiled and hugged them both. "I won't forget about you guys!" She said as she walked to Dylan.

"We won't, either. You and your family should come visit us real soon."

Rae nodded and climbed on Dylan's back. He turned his head toward her and barked.

Rae smiled and grabbed on to him tightly.

"I'm ready."

****

This was much worse than riding a horse. Seriously, Rae has ridden a horse like, two times, and I felt pretty good about it, but riding a werewolf? Oh, fuck.

Her eyes got watery the second he started running. The dude runs like there's no fucking tomorrow! But Rae didn't say anything, because she want to get home already.

Rae was sure it had been hours since they left Dylan's house, and she was sure Dylan was getting tired. Rae felt tired being on his back, imagine how he felt about running.

Rae leaned next to his ear and quietly said, "Hey Dyl? Do you mind if we stop and rest?"

His ear twitched, but he just kept running.

"Right. No human instincts..." She said to herself.

"Dylan, stop!" She half yelled.

Dylan stopped running and just stood where he was, panting.