Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter 33:

Rae's eyes slowly fluttered open. As her vision cleared, she noticed that she was back in her room.

She could have sworn that she was at a lake a few seconds ago..

She moved onto her side and slid her hand under the pillow, closing her eyes once again.

She felt someone move closer to her and put their arm around her.

She opened her eyes again, narrowing them this time. Her room was really dark, so she couldn't see the figure next to her.

What if it's Jai? What if he did- shit!

"Get away from me!" She whispered loudly as she pushed the person off the bed.

"Oh shit, Rae, what the fuck!"

That wasn't Jai, oops..

"Oh my god, Justin I'm so sorry. I-I thought you were.. I didn't know it was you. I'm so sorry." She apologized ask Justin got back on the bed.

He scooted closer to her, and she laid her head on his chest, as he his put an arm around her. He pulled the covers over them, then rest it lightly on her back.

"It's okay, I stayed to make sure you were alright." He said.

"What happened to me?"

"You told me you saw Livi at the lake and fainted. I guess you were a little overwhelmed by her visit." He said calmly, like seeing-a-dead-bestfriend-come-to-life was a normal topic to talk about.

She stared at the dark room, remembering what Livi told her.

"She told me to be careful and that I was in grave danger..." She barely whispered.

"What?"

"I'm in grave danger Justin, I don't know what's going to happen to me, but she old me to be careful. I-I'm scared.." She whispered.

"Don't be, I'm here. I will protect you. Here," he handed her a glass of water, "drink this."

She nodded and drank some. It tasted a bit different, like it had a really yummy flavor.

"What's in this?" She asked.

"Vervain. I put some in this water and I put cups in your mom and Liam's room. I hope they drink it, it's for their own good." He said.

She nodded, closing her eyes once again.

"Goodnight my love." She heard Justin whisper, "I'll be here when you wake."

****

Rae don't know what time it was when she woke up again, but it felt really damn early.

She turned away from the window and groaned.

"Justiiiiinnn," She whined, "make the sun disappear or something, pleeeaassee."

He didn't answer.

She opened her eyes and saw the empty space next to her. She sat up a bit disappointed.

"Oh.."

She got out of bed and decided to take a quick shower.

After the shower, she wrapped a towel over her body and around her hair.

She brushed her teeth and opened to door to see Justin laying on the bed, shirtless.

"Good morning my Sleeping Beauty, or should I say good afternoon." He said smiling.