Don't Come Home

Summary: ANGST. Based on Don't Come Home, by Emma Blackery. I cried writing this, but I'm an emotional mess right now, so idk. I think it's Emma's singing because Jesus on a boat. Its soooo good. Its definitely not the story that made me cry, its the fucking song omg. I'm not okay.

Warnings: Just angst. Dan is that bad guy once again. Phil just can't leave.

WC: 1501

It's so hard to say the words for what I mean

Cos I've spent the last few months disappearing

And it's so hard to say goodbye when you're not leaving

And you'll always wait for me to come home

Phil sat on the couch, on a cold, rainy night. He checked the clock on his phone again.

Its been three days. He hasn't seen Dan. Hasn't spoken to him. Tried not to think about him. Phil looked around the lounge, saw every trinket or knicknack that was on display for the world to see.

He felt the tears well up again, he was so tired of crying over Dan. Dan always left, and Phil, Phil would always be left behind. He was the baggage that Dan couldn't always carry. He was a burden to Dan. He knew what the right thing to do was, but, doing what's right, and what's easy, are two terribly different things.

Phil didn't bother brushing the tears off his cheeks. He let them run. Over his lips, down his chin, falling softly onto the worn material of his jeans.

Phil smiled, just a small smile, a grimace to those who looked closely. He knew that, no matter what Dan said when he walked through that door. He would stay, Phil wouldnt leave. He's not that strong. Hes never been that strong.

Phil woke up to the jingle of keys turning the lock to the door. He sat up, and looked at the time.

4am glared at him.

He sighed and stood up, running a hand through his hair. He walked out of the lounge to meet Dan in the hallway leading to the door.

"I'm sorry." Were the first words out of Phil's mouth when he saw Dan.

They tasted bitter sweet in his mouth.

Dan shook his head and hugged Phil tightly.

"Its okay." Dan said.

Phil knew that he shouldn't apologize. He didn't leave, because he felt overwhelmed. He didn't abandon his boyfriend, his best friend. No, that was Dan.

But if Dan was hugging Phil, than it was worth it, just for the small amount of peace they'll have together before it all happens again.

------

And I can always count on you to take the blame

I say that things will change but things will always stay the same

I can see it in your eyes you wanna go

But you'll always wait for me to come home

And you'll always wait for me to come home

Dan sighed as he walked to the room. He didn't know what he was doing. He was hurting Phil, and he couldn'tknt stop. He wanted to leave, but he didn't.

Phil was a safety net. And that's all he was.

Dan wanted to tell Phil to leave. To get out. To save himself from Dan's rein of terror. He knew he was taking advantage of the love Phil adorned him with.