Prince Charming.

I've always acted like I don't care. Like I don't want someone to love me. I've always played the role of the boy, who didn't mind being alone. I act, every single day. While my friends all get in relationships and find their missing halves, I stay alone. I've told so many people, so many times that I like being alone, I've started to believe it myself. However, the truth of the matter is, when I'm alone, I can't stand it. I don't wanna be the boy with no ones hand to hold. I don't wanna be the boy that everybody assumes is okay. I don't wanna be the only boy, who doesn't have a prince charming. I want someone to sweep me off my feet. I wanna be grabbed by the heart and carried away on a white horse. I want my fairytale ending.

"Chris, you just don't understand." I huffed. "I do understand, Phil. You don't wanna be alone anymore. I got it." Chris snapped at me. He'd been doing that a lot lately. I had always been really sensitive, so when tears came to my eyes, it wasn't a big surprise. "You know what Chris, just forget it." I said with a tear rolling down my face. "Wait, Phil. I'm sorry." Chris tryed to apologize. I huffed at him, before quickly walking away. If he was sick of me complaining about being alone, then I'll just leave him alone. I walked out of the Starbucks we were in and headed down the street. My apartment was only a few blocks away and the only place I wanted to be at the moment. I counted the cracks I stepped on as I went. I always believed the old superstition, that for every crack you stepped on you got a wish. Every wish I made always had something to do with finding someone to love me. I just needed to know that someone would care, a great deal if I were to suddenly disappear. I just wanted to take comfort in the fact that I could emotionally wreck someone if I wasn't in their lives. I know that's selfish, pathetic, and wrong, but I never said I was a good person. I only said I craved love. Love, maybe I don't know the true meaning. Maybe I'm abusing the word, or stomping its definition into the ground. All I know is that it rolls off my tongue like poison, but I like the thought of being slowly killed by the word. I reached the end of the sidewalk I was on and opened the door to my flat, or the stairs to my flat. After a tedious amount of effort I finally reached my door. I opened it and slowly made my way to the couch. I fell face first into the soft cushions, letting out a long sigh. I was tired and I felt slightly guilty for abandoning Chris. I know I talk about boys a lot, but I can't help it. I'm an extremely gay man with extremely high expectations. As I layed there I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

New Text Message.
From: Chris
Look, I'm sorry for snapping at you and making you cry. I know you're lonely, so I'm gonna help. Come back to Starbucks tomorrow. Where something hawt. I have a friend who just might be into you. :) #boyfriendmaterial

I gazed at the text for a while. I mean what could it hurt. I sighed and put my phone away. I soon got up and went to bed for real. I was exhausted and slightly exited for what was to come.

The next day I heard my alarm go off. Groaning, I slammed my hand down on the god forsaken device. After showering and putting togeather a magnificent outfit. I made my way back to the Starbucks I was at yesterday. Counting the cracks along the sidewalk again. Once again wishing for prince charming. I arrived at Starbucks and entered the shop. I spotted Chris and made my way over to him. He smiled and winked at me. That's when I noticed an incredibly hot brown haired boy. My mouth dryed up and I felt like I'd swallowed a cotton ball. "Phil this is Dan, Dan this is Phil." Chris said. Little did any of us know that, that was the day Chris intoduced me to my future husband. The man that showed me what love was. REAL love. That was the day I met prince charming.