THE END

Description: Dan and Phil's relationship through Phil's pov. This was so hard to write and you'll know why if you read the A/N.

Warning: Flufffff, cussing, cute domestic fights. its not really dramatic at all. enjoy.

WC: 1912

All I could ever feel was his hand in mine. Love is stupid, and scary, but its horribly euphoric. I knew when I looked over I would see him, curly hair, dimpled smile, mine. Always mine. I never knew back then that fate had planned my path, through a cereal promotion and a serious lack of motivation to get a real job. I found him, or more accurately he found me. But we ran through the city, and he ran through my heart, and my life has never been the same since. Love is a mystery, life is a classroom, and the universe is a bad metaphor to provoke realists and elate dreamers. Im a dreamer, but he well, he was something completely different. He dreamed too big, always wanted to fly, but knew better than to touch the stars. He knew oxygen was scarce up there and the sun would burn him to a crisp. He was right in the middle, right where he needed to be. The middle. With me. Together. Together we glided through life, the highs like a sky scraper intimidating and casting shadows to all other forms, and the lows? They were low, but more so like the moon coming out, forcing the sun to retreat to the opposite side of the world. Not exactly terrible, but happening.

I never really understood what people meant when they talked about true love and forever. These cheesy sayings that are supposed to convey the significance that somebody plagues you with. I get it now, not so much in a Romeo and Juliet way, but more of a Johnny Cash and June way. Is that stupid? To get excited to see another person face? In the morning? At evening? When youre not expecting it? That was Dan. He was my person. He was the city lights passing by us in a taxi headed back to our flight. He was the Run Away with Me song, Carly Rae Jepsen sang that was always stuck in my head. He was my best friend. Is there a way to describe loving your best friend? Especially when they loved you back? Im not sure, but neither is he. Our love is exactly that. Ours.

"Youre not twenty anymore, you idiot." Dan rolled his eyes, watching me place 12 grocery bags on the floor.

"I refuse to make more than one trip." I wheezed, straightening up.

I looked up to see the smile, reserved solely for me. For my cereal stealing, remote control biting, plant killing ways.

"Its your spine, but Im gonna laugh when youre using a cane by forty." He quipped, putting the cereal in the cabinet.

"Okay, Mr. Sofa Crease."

He glared at me, throwing a purple grape my way. "Phil, thats years of hard work in action."

"And this," I said flexing my not there arm muscles, "Is years of grocery bag one tripping."

"When were old youre gonna regret that. "

"No I wont."

"You will."

"Not when Ive got you to take care of me." And I smiled when I said that, because just like Dan, Ive got a special smile reserved for him too.

He didnt say anything, but he shook his head and grinned, and for us that was I love you.

-------------------------------

Its just He pulled his hair and glared at me. "Nobody pisses me off like you do, Phil."

"Well, no one is a bigger asshole than you!" I snapped back.

His eyes never lost mine and we glared. This was not a rare occurrence. We fought, like a lot. Its not a big deal we just have different opinions.