Doughmeo and Phillyett

Summary: Bakery AU. Dan is a baker. Phil is not. Kiss kiss fall in love.

Warnings: NONE.

WC: 1756 bro ikr

Dan poured flour on the counter and smeared it over the wooden surface. He pulled out the wad of dough from the mixing bowl and slammed it down on the counter, for that true baking effect.

He grabbed his rolling pin and started flattening the dough. He covered the roller in flour again, getting flour on his black skinny jeans. He sighed and blew the hair out of his face. He knew he should have worn and apron.

The now flattened dough was
ready to be cut into shapes.
"Jen!!" Dan yelled to the blue haired girl in the back. "Can you come finish the sugar cookies so I can start on the cupcakes?"

There was an extended silence until the green eyed girl skipped up to him.

"At your service your majesty!" She said grabbing the cookie cutters from the cabinet below the counter.

Dan noticed her Green Day shirt and shook his head smiling.

"Jen, you know I have an especially big spot in my heart for Green Day, but you need to wear your uniform, young lady." Dan said getting out the ingredients for his chocolate cupcakes.

"I have it in my bag Captain Hitler!" She joked, nudging him with her arm. "I want to be comfortable when I cook, I'll put on the God awful thing when we open."

"God awful?" Dan scoffed with fake  hurt. "I designed those myself!"

"They're horrible! Every time I put it on I wanna punch you in the throat!" Jen said, tying her blue hair back.

"They're a piece of art!" Dan retaliated. "I thought they were funny!"

"Lets get baked!!? Really Dan? That was your bright idea for a bakery??" Jen stated, stabbing the dough with the cookie cutter.

"I get a lot of compliments on it actually! Even by an old lady one time! Cops come in here and laugh!" Dan defended.

Jen shook her head and giggled. "Your mother must be so proud."

"My mother is a saint!" Dan shouted throwing his mixing spoon at her but missing.

"Whatever, go finish your cupcakes you giant spork!" Jen laughed.

~~~~~

Dan flipped the closed sign to open. He knew it smelled amazing in here. Between He and Jen they had a pretty good thing going. Dan opened this bakery when he was 20 and still struggling to pay his own rent, let  another buildings. But when the smell wafted into the streets people couldn't resist.
Ever since, he's been a hit.

When he was 24 he hired Jen, it was too complicated to make all the food by himself but with Jen, the work load was halved. He's currently 26 and doing really well. He's considering expanding his bakery or making it a chain but he also likes the thought of there only being one.

He heard the bell on the door ding and scurried to the counter to help the new customer.

"Mrs. Jenkins! I hope you're doing well!" Dan smiled at the old lady who was a regular.

"I am Daniel! And yourself?" The kind white haired woman asked.

"Fantastic! Will it be the usual or are we planning on shaking things up today?" Dan asked smiling widely at the old woman.

"The regular please." She said and stepped away from the counter. "But add in a dozen chocolate chip cookies! I'm playing poker with the  girls today!"