Random Excerpt From Something Idk

I don't know if you've seen it, but I put a thing from my possible new story The Sound of Silence. (I'm not writing it by the way.) I changed Vale and he is no longer a demon because Notch forbid I stop changing my character's back stories. I don't know how many times I've changed Jasper's, to be honest. But anyways, I thought I would put a couple pieces from a new story. I put a lot of backstory into it and I really hope it works out. I will include a short piece from two chapters each. I chose the most suspenseful parts to put in because in making you wait for the rest of what happens increases the amount of dopamine in your brain, so it bugs you because you have to know, therefore I will most likely get comments asking to continue. Although seeing as how recently Wattpad has died for me or something, I won't get any. Stupid science.

Also, almost to 1K :D!

One
Vale

Avery suddenly jerked up, her ears poised, her eyes wide. She'd heard something. I knew cat hearing was extremely accurate, and Avery was no exception.

Good thing they hadn't tampered with her hearing. I would have been dead a long time ago if they had.

"Avery?" I half whispered.

She shook her head and laid down, her tail covering her nose. I scratched her head and flopped back on my sweatshirt.

Tomorrow is a new day.

I had come all the way from Phoenix. No way they had found out already. I needed to sleep.

But I couldn't. Something was just...off.

I subconsciously looked over to the window and bolted up to a sitting position.

Four
Fox

"Lucky for you, I know I a bit more about medical stuff than the average person," I muttered, wrapping gauze around his foot. "I'll check on you in the morning. Okay?"

He nodded, and I exited the apartment. It seemed that he had had the same idea as me and was staying in an apartment for sale without anyone knowing.

I opened my door and slunk down on the floor.

What was I doing? I had just promised to look after a total and complete stranger. I don't know if he'll murder me, or torture me. I know nothing.

I didn't see the man until he stepped in front of me.