CATHERINE

Well, after a while of staring at the wall, trying to think about how to help the others escape, I came up with absolutely nothing. I had never felt so frustrated about anything before... I was angry about Josh's betrayal and of my helplessness.

It was then that headache, the voices, and the billions of useless, senseless whatever that was, started again... I just wanted everything to come to a halt! I mean, all the things were happening so fast! From SWA being attacked to going to a quest unprepared to training extremely hard and doing my best to adjust among the others (Though the training was absolutely of no worth, considering how strong the enemy was) to Emma's sudden death to Alice's comeback to Josh's betrayal. Oh! And I almost, the unexplained pain!

It was then that I decided that I wasn't going to just sit around doing nothing... I needed to look for clues... for anything, that would help me get the answers to these hopeless millions questions. So first, I decided to do something about the unexplained pain... the only logical thing that seemed right was to grab a laptop and randomly search about it in 'Su-oogle'. You mortals may not be familiar with this website, but this website is the most used website in the supernatural world, it's an adaptation of your 'Google'. It's can only be accessed by the supernatural beings.

Ok, so the only laptop I could find was in Emma's room. It felt really awkward to enter her room without her permission... but I was quite sure she would have allowed it... (Probably not.) But Emma of course had passwords in each and every document, in everything! Except some files... so I did not have access to internet, I casually surfed from file to file of the not password protected files until I came across five files titled "Catherine"; "Charlie"; "Brittney"; "Scott" and "Josh". For some reason the files titled "Drake" and "Lucy" were password protected.

As per reflex, I clicked into the file which had my name as a title. It was as if I had stumbled over a whole new world. I mean each and every detail of my life was in there... there were more files in that one file which was again password protected. Mostly, they were titled; "Theory1"; "Theory2" and that almost went to "Theory17", all password protected. There were only two files that weren't password protected, titled; "RECORDS" containing every little detail about my past and "ABILITES". That file was actually very peculiar.

That file contained some different topics like, symptoms, practice, knowledge and the list went on and on. And right at the end, it said,

"ABILITY: Telepathy"

All the symptoms matched, I read through the process about controlling that pain, and it worked! The pain vanished! The document was amazingly detailed. I may have been angry at first that Emma had literally done a background check, but seeing how the document "ABILITIES" was, I was truly pleased and impressed. So that was what Emma was typing away all these days as she had been my roommate. I felt so overwhelmed that the pain had stopped at last, that I may have cried... A bit... Okay a lot...

Then as I was feeling incredibly thirsty I went to the kitchen, I was indeed going to tell Charlie about what I had found but first I wanted to give him some time to you know... to be honest I never had a close friend, so I did not know much about friendship, but what I did know about it, was that... friendship was all about trust and mutual respect... and what Josh, did hurt Charlie... A lot... You could see Charlie's pain in his face itself. But then I suddenly heard a voice... but I could see no one... I could even hear some movement in the cockpit, I then directly went to my room (Vampire speed), took out that bat I always carry around with me, and you know what happened next.

Charlie helped me train a little in telepathy as I kept going in and out of his head, while Charlie checked the timings. At first I could not do that more than five seconds or so but then after the 78th time or so, I could stay inside someone's mind for about fifteen minutes, maximum. We had made a plan that using telepathy, we would try to get into Brittney's, Scott's, Drake's and Lucy's mind... and link them all together so we all could interact. It would take a lot of my energy... But that was our only way we could communicate.

I practised even more, so I could stay inside Charlie's mind for at least 20 minutes give or take. You would be surprised that though Charlie seems so joyous and funny from outside, how sad he was from inside. I could not get inside his head much though. When I was trying to get into his head, he looked dead serious into my eyes and said,

"You better not try to read my mind Catherine..."

"Uh... Why would I do so...? I don't have any interest about what's in you..."

"You don't have to explain it to me Catherine... Just concentrate now..."

So at last after about two hours training or so it was time for me to draw a link among our minds. I failed in the first three attempts... But at last, the fourth time... I was almost in... but then I lost them again. I was practically pushing myself to my limit. Meanwhile... Charlie tried his best to support me and calm me in every way possible. (There may have been some freaking out, shouting and screaming in frustration.)

"Cathy... Cathy... Calm down... Just breathe ok? Just breathe... Clear your mind." And he kept going on and it was really comforting to be honest.

One part of my mind wondered as to from when had he started calling me Cathy but most of my mind tried to concentrate in drawing the link. But even the 7th, 8th, 10th and 11th try failed. I then just started absolutely losing it; I may have started crying (again),

"I can't do this... I really can't... I am useless..."

"No... No... Cathy, look at me... Here... look at me... Look into my eyes and relax... Okay? Everything's fine... All's fine... You are freaking and awesome Catherine Veneza! You don't give up! You are one of the best girls out there in this entire world... Here let's hold hands... Come on!"

I did as he said and honestly as I held his hand with a really string grip (Which was bound to hurt him.), and looked deep into his eye my mind actually cleared and I became calm. And before I could even realize it I had a link created.

I could feel all of them ... I could feel their worries... their grieves... their unanswered questions. I had formed a connection among us, at last! I held Charlie's hand tight as he helped me through. We discussed and formed a plan that at least we all hoped would work. And then soon it was over as I cut of the temporary link. It was then that I noticed that Charlie's face was beaded with sweat... and then I felt it... I had unconsciously formed a permanent link or connection between our minds; he had been channelling his energy into me to help me concentrate and keep me calm. He was not even blinking. I at last let go of his hand,

"See Cathy!? You did it! I knew you could!"

"Yes... Thank you for your help... But don't you dare calling me 'Cathy' ever again! You understand!?"

"Sure cry-baby." He said, smirking like a pure breed idiot.