CATHERINE

The blood on the floor was none other than Emma's blood which was dropping from Emma's still body. Emma's body was pinned to the ceiling; she was pinned with four daggers which were driven right through her palms and heels. It was terrifying to see her in that condition. Blood covered her face... in fact her whole body was covered with bruises everywhere.

Josh was the first one to snap out of the shock. He at once tried to free Emma but the ceiling was too high for him. Scott, Brittney and Lucy decided to help as well. Lucy and Brittney used spells which slowly took the daggers out of Emma's body and Scott carefully brought Emma's body down from the ceiling to the floor. The first thing Charlie did was check Emma's pulse. Since there was a lot of blood around and on Emma Drake and I decided not to do something. Blood usually makes Vampire vulnerable and once we start to drink it's hard to stop without killing the victim.

Alfred became a little relaxed that Emma was still breathing. But then Josh said that it seemed that Emma's ribs were crushed. Alfred checked and it was true all of Emma's were broken. This meant that Emma would not be able to heal herself at all.

Soon seven or eight gnomes came and took Emma to her own room. Most of us still were shocked at what had happened. Alfred became busy in taking care of Emma. More than five healing spells were being used on her.

Every one of us was next sitting in the living room thinking about what possibly could have happened. According to our gnomes it was confirmed that the defence of the mansion was not breached. I myself could not come up with a possible explanation. I then decided to go and check on Emma.

Emma's room was filled with dozens of gnomes and elves. But only a few of them were doing something, the rest were just looking towards Emma with a very worried expression. When Alfred saw me come in; he gestured everyone else to leave.

After every one of them had left Alfred asked me to sit in the chair beside the bed meanwhile Alfred was tending one of Emma's wounds. It was then that I noticed that there were many old scars as well all over the body; beneath the fresh ones,

"What are these scars? They seem to be old and I have never seen them before."

"Yup they are old. Usually mistress uses her healing power to hide them. But now since she has lost her healing powers all her old scars are visible again."Alfred said.

"She has lost her healing power meaning she can't use her powers anymore?"

"No, mistress did not lose her healing powers forever. Once mistress's ribs are all healed all her powers will return."

"So this all has happened before?"

"Yes mistress has been in a similar condition before but it was definitely not from an outsider. It seems that the defence system is having some problems."

"She was in a similar condition before, so is it possible that the same person did it?" I asked Alfred eagerly.

"That is not possible"

"What had happened the last time?"

"I m not in a liberty to say what had happened."

"Okay"

That is when I stopped interrogating Alfred. The rest of the time I sat there quietly as I watched Alfred slowly and carefully tend all of Emma's wounds. Then I noticed a purple pendant around Emma's neck. It was a beautiful pendant. The pendant actually meant that Emma had not given up hope on finding Alice.

Alfred then went out to get fresh water for the tending of the wounds. The healing spells did not seem to be helping much. I was just looking at how innocent and peaceful Emma looked when suddenly Josh came beside me and startled me,

"How is she doing?"

"Oh...Josh it's you..."

"Was expecting someone else Catherine? Anyways that is none of my business... how is Emma doing?"

"Hmm... she seems to be holding up fine, but the healing spells are not working."

"I can see that but what about these old scars."

And so I explained to Josh what Alfred had told me and he asked quite similar questions to what I had asked. Alfred had returned by then and so he resumed his work of tending the wounds. Alfred then asked both of us to return to our rooms. Though Josh disagreed to go to his room himself he forced me to go to my room.

Turns out; that I had been in Emma's room for more than two hours. It was sweet that Josh had offered to look after Emma and I was sure Alfred could use some help though he didn't let me help him.

When I returned to my room I found both Lucy and Brittney there. They both asked me about Emma's condition and they stayed with me and we chatted for hours about how tired and horrified we all were. We shared our views and possible explanations about what must have happened.

It was hours before they left for their own roomsall tired and then I went off to sleep.