LUCY

It was terrific to hear Catherine's voice! According to her our curses and magic were activated for some reason. Well, thanks to that, Catherine turned out to be a telepath and we could at last communicate. I could hear everybody's voices in my head which was an absolute delight. The plan though seemed fool proof at that time, was not so good if I be honest here.

During the conversation, I came to know that Brittney and Scott were able to master the first stage of the pro – training. According to Catherine it seemed that Brittney and Scott were imprisoned right below me. Brittney had been able to produce fire while Scott had been able to produce ice; both had done so without the help of their wands. I couldn't help but be jealous that both of them had found their elements while I sat there in the cold, dark dungeon helpless.

All Drake and I had to do was locate the key to the gate of our dungeon and then things would just happen on their own. At last as the discussion was over, Catherine cut the link and everything went back to silence. Drake meanwhile went to sleep, he said that he was having some severe headaches and hence he needed some rest.

Meanwhile I could not sleep and that was not because of what Rancour had said about nightmares, it was because I was so excited, that I was going to get out of that rotten prison after all. Next I could hear footsteps approaching as Josh, Rancour and Alice came in view. Josh and Rancour were having an argument of some sort.

I could not hear much what they were saying, maybe Drake could have hear them with his 'Vampire hearing' but unfortunately he was already asleep. But then they came a little closer and I could hear a little,

"Both of you! Don't make so much noise here. The prisoners should not hear a word about it , you know that..."

"Yes, yes Alice... I hear you... though it's a pity we can't kill them! In fact we have to keep them safe and maybe even spotless. Though I don't exactly see the point as to why do we have to do that... we will be killing them anyway!" Rancour said in a very loud and clear voice.

"Seriously brother! Lower your tone a little bit... if the prisoners hear you..." Josh was going to say something but then Rancour interrupted him,

"IF they hear me, and IF they have a problem with that, I will rip their ears apart! And then there won't be any problem."

"Seriously Rancour, we have to keep them in perfect state until master arrives." Alice said.

"Yes, Alice I am aware of that... But I am in charge here so let me speak here, while you can shut up and act as if you are hypnotised like were acting when Josh's foolish group showed up. I know you were doing that just to confuse them and also because you thought that little puny sister of yours were hiding somewhere. Pity that she is already dead... Curse Hecate for taking that pleasure from us! I wanted to see you torture and rip away Emma, limb by limb." Rancour said which made Alice go completely go quiet.

"You shouldn't say that Rancour..."

"Oh, shut up Josh... she is dead and she wasn't even your girlfriend, in fact you hardly even knew her. Plus Josh you don't know how much a scolding we are going to get just because Emma is dead. Oh, from that I remember... we have a meeting today at 1 O'clock midnight. And we have to make preparations for that from 11 O 'clock. Oh... it would be the first time you would be meeting maser, won't it Josh?"

"Yes..."

"He will be arriving here after three days and until then we have to keep the prisoners alive and find those two... Catherine and Charlie, or else I m pretty sure master is going to kill us."

"Why would he kill me? I don't even remember him!" Josh argued.

"Well, you remember me!"

"No I don't, you just showed up one fine day this summer, claiming to be my brother. I would not have even taken your side if..."

"Wait, do you guys hear it?" Alice suddenly asked.

"Hear what?"

"Listen..."

With that... suddenly they became all quiet and hurried off somewhere. I didn't care about where they went... I would care only if they had found Catherine and Charlie... which would destroy our whole plan. Though I had managed to hear most of their conversation... I could not make out where the keys were. At least I had some of the answers to my never ending question like,

1) Josh was not a traitor for six years... only from this summer. Hence there might even be a possibility that Josh didn't just use Charlie.

 2) Rancour may not Josh's brother... In fact there even may have been a chance that. Josh could be under a spell.

3) We would not be killed until their so called 'master' arrived.

Well, there were way too many 'Mays' and 'possibilities' to actually believe them... Things remained quiet for several minutes when suddenly Josh came into view again... he walked straight towards maddam and whispered something in her ear which made her smile.