One chance

Samantha's POV 

I woke up to find warm arms wrapped around me. I looked up and saw a sleeping Jamie holding me. His mouth was slightly opened and he was letting out a low snore. His hair was covering his face. I loved the feeling of him near me, holding me.

I turned around to nestle my head in his chest. Then I looked up at him and kissed his cheek. 

I don't know why but, it felt like the natural thing to do. 

His eyes fluttered open and he looked down at me and said " Did you just kiss me?" 

My cheeks immediately turned red and nestled my face into his chest. I didn't want him to see my face.

He raised my face to his and he placed a kiss on my forehead. 

" I never said I didn't like it."

 I laughed and we slowly started leaning into each other. Part of me wanted this to happen and part of me didn't. So I let the part of me that wanted this take over. Our faces were about half an inch apart when my phone went off. 

UHHH.. why now? when I was finally letting myself feel something?

I squirmed out of his arms and ran to get my phone. It was cold and I missed Jamie's warmth. so I grabbed my phone and ran back to the bedroom and got back under covers. Jamie's arms immediately wrapped around me.

" Hello?'

" Sam !!! He came!!" I heard a sobbing Trisha cry.

" What??" I screamed as I put the phone on speaker.

" Jamie he went to the house" I cried

" Bloody hell " is all he said.

" He came looking for you. I told him you weren't here, that you were far far away where he couldn't hurt you. He said he would find you whether i told him or not. And that he would take what belongs to him and that he would tape it so everyone could see." 

I froze. How heartless can a person get? I thought to myself. Jamie started mumbling curse words under his breath. 

" Did he hurt you Trisha?" I asked 

 All I heard was the sound of her crying harder.

" It was awful,  he threw me around like a rag doll. He slapped me and choked me. I see what you went through Sam. He is awful and cruel." she said between her sobs.

" Trisha I think the best thing you could do right now is go to stay with your parents. You can't be alone right now",  Jamie added. 

" Ok I will.  I have to go i'm gonna get ready to go to my parent's house. Love you Sam. Please stay safe." And with that she hung up.

I stayed in Jamie's arms. I began sobbing into his chest for the second time in less than 24 hours. He was rubbing my back soothingly and was telling me It was gonna be ok,  and that he would protect me.

When I stopped crying he said " don't stain your pretty face with tears beautiful. We can do anything you want today, Okay?" 

" i just want to stay in your arms." I told him. There was nothing more I wanted to do than to stay in a safe place hiding from the world. 

We stayed in each other's arms for the rest of the day and I was perfectly content. We watched T.V and ate junk food. It was a picture perfect day. I have finally accepted two things. 1. That Peter was eventually going to find me. If not now, one day. And 2. I might as well live life to the fullest and stop ignoring my growing feelings for Jamie.