Chocolate Eyes

Kirstie knew the flowers were for her, that Jeremy had sent them and forgot to put his name on it. Mitch was single, so she didn't think they'd be for him. He also said that they were probably for her.

The note read: I melt into your chocolate eyes.

Therefore, it could've been for either of them. Kirstie was so determined they were for her, so she had already set them in her room. She texted Jeremy just to be sure.

Kirstie: Did you send me flowers and not put your name on it?

Jeremy: No... Who the hell is sending you flowers that's not me!

Kirstie: No one! They showed up at our door with a note, they're probably for Mitch. Forget it.

Jeremy: No, Kirstie. What if they're not for Mitch and more come and are obviously for you?

Kirstie: Then I'll throw them away and email the owner of the shop to have them stop sending them.

Jeremy: Okay. Sorry I freaked, just get protective over you <3.

Kirstie: I love you

Jeremy: I love you too.

Kirstie couldn't of been more confused. If they weren't from Jeremy, who were they from? Mitch was convinced they weren't for him, any boy that even tried to talk to him would be turned down as soon as he could pronounce the words. The only other person would be...Zach.

They guy Mitch kissed at the party. He had his number, so he could text him. He hadn't been talking to this boy since the party, he felt awkward and regretful, but he texted them for the sake of knowing who sent them.

Mitch: Random question: did you send me flowers by any chance?

Zach: No, although I wish I had. Maybe it'd get you to talk to me more.

Mitch: Okay. Thank you. I should get going.

Zach: Why do you always make an excuse to not talk to me. I thought you liked me?

Mitch: I'm sorry about the party, I was going through some boyfriend issues....

Zach: So you lied to me and said you were single.

Mitch: No! I was single, but I was just out of a relationship.

Zach: Cut the bullshit, Mitch. You were using me because of "boyfriend" issues. I'm not going to be your distraction.

Mitch: I'm sorry. I think I like you. It's just, I like someone else too.

Zach: Well, I know I like you. So you tell me who you like more.

Mitch: I like you. You are so sweet and so accepting of me. But I just like you. I love someone else. I hope you understand and I'm really sorry.

Zach: Yeah... Sorry for getting in the way.

Mitch: You weren't in the way.

Zach: Tell him he's a lucky guy. He's got himself a keeper.

---------------------

He was smiling. He was so happy with himself, what he was doing for himself, and how he was doing it.

Scott saw a figure walk into the store, his mind instantly going to his one sentence phrase he was supposed to say when ever someone came in.

"Welcome to Crazy Sweets, I'm crazy enough to help!" It was embarrassing to say, but he always said it with smile and good enthusiasm. He hoped if he kept this up, he'd get a raise.

"Look at that smile!" He hears a familiar voice say. Scott's face lights up when he gets to see his face clearly. He scurries out from behind the desk, pulling him in for a tight hug. "Careful! I'm feeling pain!"

Scott immediately pulls away and says, "shit, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Alex chuckles, hugging him again but making sure it wasn't tight.

"I thought you were going to Arizona?"

"I got released from the hospital a few days ago, just wanted to come say goodbye to you before I leave tomorrow." Scott smiles.

"I'm so happy for you. You're growing up and everything!"

"Okay, mom." He jokes.

"My best friend. Going to Arizona! Being the hot boy he is. Gonna make new friends and get an awesome new boyfriend! Go, Allie."

"And my best friend! Working overtime to get more money and better himself! Going to Los Angeles, being the hot boy he is! Gonna not find a new awesome boyfriend because of Mitchy, but still get a guy!" They share a few laughs.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"Right back at you." Scott was sad to leave him, but knew in his head that it was the best for both of them. "How is Mitch? Boyfriends again?"

"I'm working on it. I sent him flowers with a note, but left it anonymous. I'm going to keep sending them until the day I get there, and I'll surprise him and ask him to be my boyfriend again."

"Sounds like a plan, Stan."

"It's going well and dandy, Sandy." Alex chuckles. "I've got to get back to work sadly."

"Alright. I'll see you later. A lot later, but later." Alex says, a frown taking a spot on his face.

"Don't make me cry, Kirk." Scott pulls him in for one last hug. "Have an absolutely amazing time in Arizona for me."

"Okay." Alex says into Scott's neck. "Will you do something for me?" Alex pulls back.

"Of course."

"Don't forget me when you're living a flawless life in LA?"

"I'd never." Alex wipes a tear away from his face, forcing Scott to have to wipe his own. They hug one last time before another customer walks in, forcing Scott to have to continue his job.

Alex waves one last time as he exits, Scott winking at him while talking to a customer.

He was really proud of Alex. Proud of how determined he was to start over and make his life better for himself. He didn't even want him to stay, because he knew that going to Arizona was better for him, and Scott wanted what was best for him.

He wanted him away from the house he lived in, away from the man running it. Scott wanted to kill the guy that put Alex in the hospital, make him feel what Alex did.

Because he deserved it.