The Card

I think is my third update today. I'm on a roll!

Mitch couldn't stop staring at the card. Charleston. So far away, but such a big opportunity. Mitch was torn between what he wanted to do.

The door opens, Mitch throws the card under the table. He smiles at Scott. Scott furrows eyebrows and walks to Mitch. The small boy throws his arms around Scott's neck, Scott wrapping his at Mitch's waist.

"H-how was work?" Mitch stutters, trying to keep Scott's attention away from the card. He shakes his head.

"It was fine. What was that? You threw something." He says, walking towards the table.

"Nope." Mitch says. "Did not." He grabs Scott's arms and pull him down for a kiss. Scott turns his head, resulting in Mitch planting a slobbery kiss on Scott's cheek.

He pushes Mitch off of him. He was about to be at the table and Mitch wasn't having it. He had to think fast, so he ran up to Scott and grabbed his thigh. Scott looks down at him.

"What are you doing?" Scott asks as Mitch slowly starts palming him through his jeans.

"W-want you." Mitch mumbles. Scott let out a small moan.

"In a minute." Scott tried to push him away but Mitch was determined. He slams his lips against Scott's. He was satisfied when Scott kisses back, picking up the boy. Mitch wraps his legs around Scott's waist. "Can this please wait?"

"Horny." Mitch says, looking at Scott. He was beyond embarrassed at the words he chose. Scott raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" Scott says, a smirk playing on his lips. Mitch smiles and nods. Scott places his lips back on Mitch's. With Mitch still dangling at Scott's waist, Scott pushes Mitch up against the wall. The tall boy pins Mitch's hands above his head. Mitch smiles.

Scott moved to his neck, sloppy kisses and love bites taking over the area that was once clear. Mitch moans, shocked at how loud he was.

"Wait." Scott says. He pulls away from Mitch's body. "You're just trying to distract me, aren't you?" Mitch shakes his head. "What was that? What did you throw?"

"Nothing!" Mitch exclaims, rushing over to where Scott was at the table. Scott picks up the card. He flips it over, trying to read what it said before Mitch snatched it out of his hands.

"Mitch!" Scott yells. "Give it to me!" Scott tries to take it back.

"It's m-mine!" Mitch yells back. Scott didn't agree. He wanted that card.

"What are you hiding from me?!" Scott asks, angrily.

"I'm not!" Scott shakes his head.

"Are you cheating or something?"

"Not d-dating."

"Are you still saying that?"

"Yes."

"What happened to the break? That we'd get together when I got here? That was awhile ago, Mitch." Mitch seemed to be changing the subject, but not to something better.

"You didn't ask m-me." Mitch explains. "Y-you have to a-ask." Scott sighs.

"I'm not asking now that you're hiding stuff from me." Mitch tilts his head back in frustration. He was tired and really not in the mood to argue. Feeling defeated, he drops the card and walks into Scott's room, as he was at Scott's apartment.

Scott knew it was Mitch's and if Mitch didn't want him to touch it, he should respect that, but he wanted to know why it was such a big deal to keep from him. It looked like a business card, what could be so wrong with it?

His curiosity takes over and he picks up the card, flipping it over and successfully reading the label.

Charleston Art Institution

Charleston? Scott didn't even know where that was. Was it in California? He goes onto his office and sits at his desk. He opens his laptop and clicks onto Google Chrome. He types in Charleston.

What pops up was something Scott didn't want to see.

Charleston, a city in South Carolina.

Scott eyes popped beyond their sockets. He couldn't believe it. Mitch was moving to South Carolina? Why had he been keeping it from Scott?

Scott wasn't moving again, especially across the country. All he wanted was for Mitch to be honest with him.

Scott slowly opens the door. Mitch's curled up into his bed, crying under the covers. Scott felt bad. He sits on the edge of the bed. Mitch sits up, wiping his eyes.

"You're m-mad at me." Mitch says, looking down. Scott wasn't going to lie. He was. He just shakes his head.

"What happened to the trust we said we needed to work on? The trust wasn't there early on, and it will never be there if we keep things from each other, baby." Scott says in the most understanding voice he had. Mitch nods. "Do you trust me, honey?"

"With eve-everything in me." Scott smiles. "So..rry." Scott hugs Mitch, pulling him onto his lap. Mitch burrows his head into crook of Scott's neck.

"But this doesn't solve everything. Please get your notebook." Mitch opens the drawer and grabs it, a pen along with it. "About the South Carolina thing..." Mitch immediately opens his notebook.

I wasn't going for sure, just thinking about it.

"When did you get it, Mitch?" He looks down. "And please be honest."

The day after your first therapy session.

"So over a week ago?" Mitch nods, causing Scott to sigh. "Even if you weren't going I'd want know about it. If you're considering it, I'd like be a part of the decision. It's up to you completely. I just wanted some input instead of you randomly telling me one day that you are going to South Carolina."

I was scared of you reaction. I didn't want you to be angry but you are anyway. I'm sorry.

"Are you actually considering it?" Mitch didn't want respond so he kept his head down. "Mitch?" Scott says, sounding so upset and down.

I was. I'm not going to lie to you. But I was just thinking about it. Fuck it. I won't even go.

"No, Mitch. If you want to do it, then do it. I don't want you to hold back because of me. You have a talent."

Scotty, I want to go to bed.

Scott sighs. "Rule 1, but go ahead." He says. "I'm gonna be up for a little while. I'll be in soon." Mitch nods.

Scott leaves the room and knew exactly what he was doing. He had bought alcohol for a reason.