Moving Away

Holy shit. I was listening to "Over The Rainbow" by Todrick Hall and actually cried writing parts of this ahhhhh.

If you think this is bad...just you wait.

Kirstie hadn't wanted to kill someone before. Never had she seen her best friend looking like this, not being able to control his emotions. He was constantly crying. Kirstie couldn't figure out how to help him.

She holds Mitch in her arms, telling him that it's okay and that Scott didn't mean.

She was beyond angry at Scott. When Mitch finally fell asleep last night, she woke up Scott and gave him hell. She screamed and yelled at him, and he let her because he knew what he did wasn't the best way to handle the situation. Mitch had been staying in Kirstie's room since.

Back in Scott's room, he sits in his bed unable to sleep. The door creaks open and Avi strolls in, sitting next to him on the bed and hugging him.

Scott hugs him back, trying to hold back tears but gives in when it wasn't possible.

"I fuck up everything." Scott says in disbelief. "Why would I do that to him? In front of everyone. I feel awful."

"It's okay. It's just a touchy subject for him, Scotty." Avi says.

"And I shouldn't of confronted him like that. It's just, he lied to me! And then I find the pills."

---------------------

"You didn't eat?" Mitch nods and Kirstie felt like crying. "B-but you made a deal..."

"I know."

"So you lied to Scott?" Mitch nods again. Kirstie shakes her head. "You have to talk to him now. You both fucked up."

The door creaks open and Scott pops his head in, not knowing what to say but knew he had to say something.

"Can we talk?" He asks while looking at Mitch.

"I think you should." Kirstie says, pushing Scott into the room and leaving.

"I guess we didn't talk everything out..."

"Guess n-not."

"I'm sorry."

"Me too."

"I was just so upset. And I shouldn't have done what I did. But, you cannot take those pills anymore. They're killing you."

"But th-they help."

"Help what? They're just making you not eat and then make you sick from it."

"My s-stutter."

"It's supposed to stop it? I'm sorry, Mitch, but you're still stuttering and the pills are hurting you, love."

"No." Mitch says. "R-rule 1." Scott takes a moment to think of the rule.

No nicknames when arguing.

"We aren't arguing, Mitch. We're just talking."

"Still."

"Okay, back to what I was saying. I'm sorry for what I did because I was an asshole for it, but the pills should be gone anyway. I agree, I shouldn't of done it the way I did."

"It hurt me."

"I know sweethe-Mitch, and I'm so so sorry for hurting you. I didn't mean too, I was just so frustrated with it. First you lied to me and then I find them, I was not very happy. And I guess this is when you come in." Mitch sighs and stares at his notebook. He hadn't used it in so long, but he definitely couldn't say everything this time. So he grabs his notebook and opens the pen, thinking of words to write. The only words he could find were:

It's okay. I'm sorry too.

"You can't lie about that stuff, Mitch. You really shouldn't lie about anything. But I wasn't going to check the camera because I trusted you when you told me you ate, but then I found you with it and got worried."

I didn't want you to be upset with me for not eating.

"I wouldn't have been upset because you've been good about it. Unless you've lied before when I wasn't home. Please tell me you haven't."

Scott...

"Are you serious?"

It makes me feel sick.

"Yeah, but I bet you feel worse when you're in the hospital from it, Mitch! How many times have you lied to me?"

This is only the second.

"Only? You shouldn't of even lied once."

Scott, I'm sorry.

"I bet you are."

I accepted your apology, why can't you accept mine?

"Why do we have to have these talks so much? I mean, every week we are having issues with each other. Maybe we shouldn't live together..."

"Superman!"

"Mitch, all we do is argue! We need our space. It will be for the best."

Last time we separated, I didn't see you for five months.

"We were also is two different states. I'm still going to be in Los Angeles, maybe even in the apartment complex, just a different room."

We've planned living together for so long, Scott.

"Mitch, when do my plans work out?" Mitch looks down, trying to cover his tears. "We need some time, okay? Let's take a week apart. No talking. We will get over everything and start over with no arguments left when we see each other again."

Please don't do this to me.

"You'll thank me for it later." Mitch shakes his head. "I should go pack." Scott gets up and walks to the door, but stops when Mitch grabs his arm and turns him around. He doesn't say anything or do anything, but holds his arm. "What are you doing, Mitch?"

But Mitch hugs him and Scott easily hugs back. When Mitch pulls back, he presses his lips to Scott's. Scott kisses him back, feeling himself bring tears to his eyes. He pulls back before he could cry and turns.

"D-don't kiss him." He hears Mitch says. Scott turns a little.

"Who?"

"You know." Mitch says. "D-don't do wh-what I d..id." Scott nods.

"Never. Alex is just my friend. I promise." Mitch nods. And when Scott closes the door, Mitch collapses onto the floor. He hadn't fixed anything, only made it worse and lost him. He pushed him away and now he was moving out for good.

All because Mitch lied to him and he couldn't take it, because Scott loved him and seeing Mitch like that killed him.

And Scott couldn't be killed anymore than he already was.