Momma Nel

Rod was very understanding. Of course he was upset, but he said that love came first and that if he would've known the situation, that he wouldn't of even asked Mitch in the first place. Rod was so kind that he even offered Mitch a job that he could do in his home. He'd be emailed his assignment and do it at home. Then he'd send it over in the mail, then the paycheck would come back in the mail. And it still payed more than his job right now. He obviously wouldn't be the model for CAI, but he'd still work there.

And to top it all off, he was engaged. He knew it was awfully early, but he also knew that he was in love with Scott and wanted to spend his life with him. Why wait when you already know what is coming?

They sit hand in hand in the back of an uber, Scott looking over at Mitch with a small smile on his face.

"I'll buy you a ring eventually." Scott says, leaning over and pecking Mitch's cheek. Mitch looks over and smiles at him. "You know, I didn't even plan that. It kind of just happened. That's why I didn't have a ring and wasn't prepared at all." Mitch opens the notes on his phone, his notebook was packed.

I'm glad you didn't plan it. The proposal would've been way worse if it was planned out.

Scott laughs at him before saying, "drag me, Grassi." Mitch chuckles at him.

I should call my mom. You might have to explain a little for me.

Scott nods and watches Mitch dial his mothers phone number and put it on speaker. It rings for awhile, Mitch thought she wasn't going to answer. She does before Mitch reaches the end call button. Nel's cheerful voice fills the line.

"Hi, baby!" She greets, sounding happier than ever.

"Hey, Momma." Mitch says.

"What's up?" She asks. Mitch points at Scott and he takes the phone.

"Hey, Momma Nel. It's Scott." Scott greets.

"Oh, hey!"

"So, Mitchy can't tell you the news, but I can. I hope you're okay with this. Would it be alright if I, um, maybe married your son? I mean, he did already say yes but we can wait a while if it's an issue." Mitch glares at Scott. He didn't want to wait at all.

"Scott, baby. What did I tell you at the station?" Scott smiles in memories of her words. She was an amazing woman.

"That you want me to be the man Mitch marries." Scott repeats. Mitch's smile grew about four inches.

"Why would I not be okay with that? I'm so excited! My baby is getting married!" She yells over the phone. Scott and Mitch laugh loudly. "When am I getting grand-babies?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Remember, I'm not even 19 yet." Scott reminds her. She sighs.

"I forgot about yall's age." She says. "I love you two together, but maybe you should have a long engagement? You two are very young." Scott looks over at Mitch who just smiles and nods rapidly.

"That's completely fine, Nel. I was actually thinking that myself." Scott could practically hear Nel smile through the phone.

"Okay, boys. I'm so extremely happy for you guys. I'll be sure to tell Mike every detail. Bye now."

"Bye, Momma." Mitch says one last time before hanging up. Mitch squeals and leans over to hugs Scott tightly. Scott smiles and hugs him back, holding him as much as he could in the back seat of an uber.

"Congratulations!" The uber driver says, looking back at a red light.

---------------------

Scott decided to stay at Mitch's apartment for awhile. Kirstie was home and would be more than shocked to see Mitch walk back in. Luckily, Mitch had his key still. He wanted to keep it.

He unlocks the door and walks in. Kirstie frantically turns, probably thinking some robber was here. But when she sees who it was, she screams loudly and jumps into Mitch's arms.

"You're not going! Please tell me you're not going, Mitch!" She says in his arms.

"Not going." He says. "Staying."

"Holy shit. How?" She asks. Mitch points at Scott who was picking at his fingernails. She hops out of Mitch's arms hugs Scott. "How did you manage to get him to stay?"

"Um, do we tell her?" Scott asks, looking to Mitch. He nods. "Well, let's just say that I'm engaged." Her jaw drops ten feet to the floor.

"OH MY GOD! NO FUCKING WAY!" She yells, hugging both of them. "I'm so happy for both of you! I have to call my mom. Oh! And Avi! Mitchy, you call Zip, Scott call Alex and Kevin. Invite everyone back! We are having a party!" Scott holds Kirstie shoulders down to keep her from bouncing anymore.

"Calm down. It's nothing major right now. We're planning on being engaged for a long, long time. We are still young." Kirstie tilts her head to the side. "Your face is bright red." Scott laughs. "Breathe, Kirstie." She takes a deep breath. Mitch chuckles at her.

"Okay." She says more calm. "Now where the fuck is the ring?" Mitch's face turns red.

"I didn't buy one."

"WHAT?!" She yells. "You're going to propose to my best friend and not buy him a ring?"

"I wasn't planning on proposing. It just happened because I realized I wanted to spend my whole life with him." He looks over at Mitch who was smiling widely. "We will go ring shopping together, I promise we will get rings."

"Phew." She sighs. "I was nervous for a second." Mitch laughs. "Holy shit, Mitch. You're getting married." Mitch smiles brightly and hugs Kirstie again. "Are you staying here tonight or going to Scott's. Either today or tomorrow you are with me. We are having a girls night."

"You can stay, Mitch. I have some things to do at the apartment." Scott says before turning towards the door. He feels a soft hand on his arm.

"Stay?" Mitch asks. "Just for a little?" Scott smiles and sighs.

"Only because you said that without even stuttering."