Alive

Day 20:
Alive, not awake, my love. -S

Scott couldn't stop hugging Kirstie. He was so thankful that she was okay. They lay in his bed, Kirstie to traumatized to go back to her own house. She was crying, and Scott had convinced himself he was too.

Scott's bandages were taken off, now they were just painful bruises.

"I'm so upset." Kirstie says, choking on her tears. "I wish he hadn't of killed himself so I could've killed him first." Scott nods into hid blonde hair. "He-he almost killed my best friend!" She sobs.

"I know, Kirstie, I know, babe." Scott coos, trying to hold himself together enough for Kirstie

"How did he make it, Scott? He was shot in the h-head." More sobs came from the small girl.

"He will do what it takes to survive." Scott says, surprisingly clear. "He is a strong one." Kirstie nods.

"What if he gives up? Doesn't fight the pain? He is alive, but what if he doesn't stay like it?" Scott knew that there wasn't a right answer to this, but hell, there wasn't a right answer for anything anymore.

"Have faith, pretty girl." He says, causing Kirstie to smile. She burrows herself farther into Scott, taking in his smell.

"I don't want you to die." She says, holding no to the Scott as tight as possible.

"Me neither." Scott says in honesty. Because he really, really didn't anymore.

"But-but why did you try? So many times?" She asks, and it was obvious that Avi had told her about everything. "I love you too much. You have to stay with me."

"I'm not leaving. Not for a very, very long time." Kirstie nods. "And neither is Mitch. Manny got the short end of the straw and didn't get a clear enough shot."

"Why did he take us?" Kirstie asks, wiping a tear away.

"He was Travis's brother. He blamed Mitch for what happened to him, I guess." Scott explains. "And he wanted to kill Mitch because Travis was gone, but he ended killing himself before he could kill anyone else."

"Travis was a good person. Somewhere deep inside that devilish, evil body, a good person was down there. He was just raised and grew up with the wrong people." Scott nods. "And it's sad. Because his life was ruined, he ruined others." Kirstie let her eyes wonder around Scott's room.

It wasn't that much different than his other one, just smaller. It had the same pictures around the room and walls, on the desk as well. Same bed sheets and comforters, along with the pillow cases. It also had the same furniture.

The wall color was different, though. At the old apartment, it was blue, now it was a simple shade of white. Kind of cream-ish.

She finds a small notebook, pointing at it.

"What's that, Scott?" Scott looks to where she is pointing at, deciding it wasn't a good time to let her look through his depressing and suicidal journal made for Mitch.

"Don't worry about it, Kit."

Day 21:
Im tired of waiting, my love. -S

Scott let's the words fly out of his mouth, not even realizing he was sitting in a public hospital. He wasn't loud, barely audible actually.

"Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now." He laughs at the words. This definitely is not a lucky one, and Scott wished more than anything for this time to come to an end.

"Scott, he isn't awake but he is doing a lot better. Would you like to see him?" Scott nods, quickly walking towards the room. When he walks in, he sees Mitch's small and fragile body. Atleast a dozen cuts sat on his chest, even more on his legs. A wrap covering half of his head, where the bullet had landed. The one visible eye closed. So many bruises everywhere.

His poor body, now marked with another mans horrific marking.

Scott could imagine it in his head. Manny running a knife down Mitch's lifeless body, him not being able to do anything about it. The thought made Scott very uneasy, so he tried to push it to the side.

Kirstie had refused to come in. She didn't want to see him like this again, but Scott hadn't seen him in so long. This was the first time in 20 days. No communication, only the hope that he'd somehow be alive.

"I love you." Scott mumbles, sitting next to the boy, too afraid to hold his hand. He didn't want to hurt him, even if it was with the smallest touch. He didn't even want to touch the boy until he could feel him fully wrapped into his arm. "I've never been in love before, Mitchy. I'm so happy that my first love was also my true love."

Scott watches his heart beat monitor, the steady pace of his heart beat not changing. A constant thump every second or so. The fact that it was beating made Scott feel amazing.

Because he was determined that one day the boy would open his eyes, and that one day would be soon. Scott would be waiting with his arms wide open, taking the small boy into his arms and promising to never leave him again.

"God, you're so gorgeous." Scott whispers, taking in the beauty laying in front of him. Even with all the wounds, cuts, and bruises, he still managed to look stunning. He looked strong. And he was strong, Scott knew it.

Day 22:
Don't you forget the only thing that matters is your heart beat going strong, my love. -S