Put The Gun Down

YOU GUYYYYS! I just published my first chapter to my new book! It's called Different! I'm so excited about it. Go check it out!

Day 17:
My love, I'm not sure how much longer I can take of waiting. -S

"I can't do this anymore." The man says, fiddling a very familiar knife in his hand, a gun sitting in his back pocket. He takes a phone and tosses it at Mitch, but t just hit him since he was tied up.

The man quickly runs into another room, grabbing Kirstie. Mitch wanted to yell and hug her, but we all know the struggle of speaking.

He hands the phone to Kirstie.

"Call the police." He says. This man has to of been insane, he was turning himself in? "When they answer, you say "my name is Kirstin Maldonado and I've been kidnapped. I'm in the basement of the warehouse off of Jackson Boulevard." Kirstie didn't argue, just did what she said.

When the call was over, she handed the phone back.

"What did they say?" He asks.

"They said they're on their way..." Kirstie says. The man smirks. He grabs a chair, tying Kirstie to it and placing a piece of tape over her mouth.

How could he be so calm about all of this?

"Now we wait." He says, messing with his knife again. "Probably about five minutes. Shouldn't take them long to get here." Mitch didn't know what purpose this served him. Turning himself in just seemed so random, like it had to be some part of a plan.

They hear the sounds of sirens from outside. The man smirks, awaiting the moment the police enter.

The door is smashed open, several men running in.

"Hello, fellas." The man says, bringing a gun out and cocking it.

"Manny, put the gun down." A police men says. He laughs.

"Now why would I do that, when I could do this?" Mitch couldn't believe what he saw. The all so familiar features of the blonde that was his everything. How he was crying and just looked awful. He didn't want Scott to see him like this.

But he especially didn't want Scott to see what happened next.

That's when the man, now known as Manny, turns quicker than ever, not even aiming, but just knew the general direction of the boy.

It was like time slowed down, the bullet leaving the gun in slow motion. Scott watched with wide eyes as the bullet streamed through the hair, settling on Mitch's jaw. And just like that, Mitch was bleeding and eyes closed, slouching in the tied up chair.

Scott could feel himself break in half, he didn't know what to do. He watches the police charge the man, listening to Kirstie terrified screams.

Then Manny turns the gun, aiming and shooting himself in the head before anyone could touch him. The policemen quickly untie Mitch and Kirstie, another man calling an ambulance.

"NOO!" Kirstie screams, falling to her knees and throwing her head in her hands. "My fucking best friend..." She whispers in defeat.

"Scott." John says. "Scott, come on." He tried getting Scott's attention, but he couldn't take his eyes off of the blood splatter on the floor from where his lover sat moments ago. And then Scott broke down. He fell to the ground, watching as Avi appeared and helped Kirstie. He brought her to the car, and thankfully Scott waited for his friend to leave before completely falling apart.

Day 18:
If you're gone, my love, I might as well be
too. -S

The time seemed to speed up after Scott got home after the incident last night. He told Mitch's parents, barely being able to produce a noise.

Because Mitch had to of been dead.

Manny shot him in the head, and he made sure to let Mike and Nel know. They cried, which only made Scott cry harder. He didn't think it was possible.

He still went to the hospital everyday, and it was the same talk. Everyone was still fixing Mitch, even enlisted Kirstie to do a check up. She wasn't nearly as bad.

Scott didn't know what it felt like to not cry anymore. His cheeks were constantly wet, whether it be sweat, tears, or most of the time, both.

Kirstie walks out of her hospital room, a bandage at her neck and part of her shoulder. She sits next to Scott.

"Can I ask you something?" She whispers. Scott nods. "What the hell did you do to yourself?" She points at the mess of bandages that took up Scott's upper half.

"Car crash." She nods.

"Avi told me otherwise."

"I didn't try to kill myself." Scott shakes his head. "I wasn't that time." He corrects. Kirstie felt a tear roll down her face.

"I can't lose both of you." She says, a voice so low that it was almost inaudible. "I will lose myself." Scott nods.

"I'm not going to do anything stupid."

"You're supposed to be in a hospital bed still."

"But then they found you guys. I had to go."

"Scott, you're in worse shape than I am."

"I am fine." She shakes her head. "What happened to your neck?"

"He had a thing for carving things in your body with a knife. He did it quite often." Scott winces at the words, regretting even asking.

Then Scott and Kirstie sat in silence before Avi strolled back over from the bathroom. Jeremy walks in through the front door. They both come and sit by Kirstie, as Scott went into the bathroom.

He splashes some water onto his face with his good hand, trying to wake himself up from the horrid nightmare that he had been living.

He didn't want reality to hit in a hospital bathroom, but unfortunately it did. He couldn't stop the tears and the awful thoughts that his best friend was actually gone.

The boy he fell in love with, now being sent to someplace where he wasn't with Scott.

"Scott!" Kirstie runs into the bathroom and yells. "Come here! Now!" He wipes his tears and slowly walks out, looking at Kirstie's wide smile while talking to a nurse.

He meets up with them, listening as she explains something very confusing to Scott.

"Tell Scott!" Kirstie shouts and points at him.

"Mitch is awake."

Day 19:
Wakey, wakey, my love. -S